BA Gold security fast track MAN?

Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I went through last week and there were 6 FastTrack positions, not shared. Not sure if this is permanent, but it was an improvement on last time I went through.
I thought it was 5 positions? Often the two to the right are used as an overflow for non-Fast Track customers. I probably see that about 75% of the time.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by madfish
The Escape Lounge in T3 is often full. Although agree about the BA lounge. Would take some going to reach capacity in there.
I just ignore the "Lounge Full" signs and go in anyway. As I'm generally on my own, they always let me in T1 is a different story...
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I thought it was 5 positions? Often the two to the right are used as an overflow for non-Fast Track customers. I probably see that about 75% of the time.
Maybe it was 5... There was nobody at any of them so I was a bit stressed trying to get everything out of my carry on!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Maybe it was 5... There was nobody at any of them so I was a bit stressed trying to get everything out of my carry on!
Whilst being barked at
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by orbitmic

fully agreed. Whilst I completely relate some of my experiences to why so many here complain, I’ve had plenty of others - especially off peak - which have been super swift. I personally find the MAN staff less unpleasant than many at LHR and the experience often less aggravating than LHR T5 transit. Hit and miss best describes it for T3 and a lot more hit than miss in the other two terminals.
Yes agreed, it is completely dependant on your arrival time at security at T3. Hit the morning rush at 7am and you'll be queuing for ages, fast track or not. Later in the morning and you'll breeze through, often without having to wait at all. The problem is that they sneakily merge the fast track queue with the normal queue at the belt which is really frustrating when it's busy.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
They do have a Fast Track however just to confirm what everyone else was saying the Fast Track and the security itself at Manchester is dreadful.

My backup Powerbank for my phone caused my bag to be searched, that was 30 minutes waiting whilst the slowest security known to man searched everyone’s bags before mine. Only to say don’t know why that set the scanner off. Was absolutely raging!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Crofton138
The problem is that they sneakily merge the fast track queue with the normal queue at the belt which is really frustrating when it's busy.
That's very true but is unfortunately not unique to MAN T3. For instance, sadly, I have had that at LHR T3 flight connections many a time even though there, the layout actually makes separation very easy. Many (and arguably most) US airports also suffer from the same malfunction. (i'm talking regular fast track here, not TSA which is usually truly separate).
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
MAN T3 security can also be fussy about inhalers (for asthma, etc). It's best to unpack almost everything, or risk being sent to secondary (although last time that happened to me, I did at least have the experience of standing next to Kenny Dalglish for 5 minutes).
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
That's very true but is unfortunately not unique to MAN T3. For instance, sadly, I have had that at LHR T3 flight connections many a time even though there, the layout actually makes separation very easy. Many (and arguably most) US airports also suffer from the same malfunction. (i'm talking regular fast track here, not TSA which is usually truly separate).
Indeed, I went through the AA "priority" security at ORD last night. There was one lane and it took around 20 minutes to get through. The queue was huge by the time we got through.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
maybe I lucked out, but nobody even checked my boarding pass until I reached the automatic gates. Through security within 5 minutes at 6:30 am on a Monday. I was pleasantly surprised.
navylad likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
maybe I lucked out, but nobody even checked my boarding pass until I reached the automatic gates. Through security within 5 minutes at 6:30 am on a Monday. I was pleasantly surprised.
You were very lucky, you would have been barked at, shamed and dragged out by the hair if you’d have tried to access Fast Track without authority!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Resurrecting this thread (hopefully there isn't a more relevant one)...

My son and are flying out of MAN to LHR (and on to FCO) next month. I'm Gold and he is Blue. Our separate bookings are linked, but will he be able to use the Fast-track lane with me?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Grace B
Resurrecting this thread (hopefully there isn't a more relevant one)...

My son and are flying out of MAN to LHR (and on to FCO) next month. I'm Gold and he is Blue. Our separate bookings are linked, but will he be able to use the Fast-track lane with me?
Technically yes, but it makes very little difference to the speed of getting through security, sometimes it's the slowest channel in MAN.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm quite surprised by all the comments about Man t3 fast track security. I use this about twice a month at different times of the day and have done for several years. There's always multiple slots for FT and I'm generally through within 5 mins or so. On occasions when I've not used FT, it's sometimes been a long snaking queue and more like 20 minutes or so. Only time I has held up at FT security was when I stupidly forgot about the liquids in my bag.
navylad and spicysoup like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by booogle
I'm quite surprised by all the comments about Man t3 fast track security. I use this about twice a month at different times of the day and have done for several years. There's always multiple slots for FT and I'm generally through within 5 mins or so. On occasions when I've not used FT, it's sometimes been a long snaking queue and more like 20 minutes or so. Only time I has held up at FT security was when I stupidly forgot about the liquids in my bag.
Yes I agree. What you can't see when you're on fast track is the way that the non- fast track queue goes, as it goes off hidden in a snake. I didn't do FT once and regretted it.

MAN security overall is all a whole other debate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.