Search

Problem Changing Flight for Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Problem Changing Flight for Tomorrow

Hi all,

Flying from GVA - LHR tomorrow and am currently booked on the 17:45 flight in the evening. When I went to change the time of my flight earlier in the week, it said I could "change my flight to another eligible flight on the same day for free". Great!

So I've just gone online to change my flight but I keep getting a message saying there's a "temporary fault. It the problem persists then please contact your booking agent".

Any idea what I can do? The flight is showing as available to change to (I'm aiming for the 10:10 in the morning). Is there a 24 hour number I can call or should I just turn up at the airport in the morning?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:06 pm

Send a DM on twitter they can help you with changes
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can also change it at the airport, so long as you are there 1 hour before the new flight (or 1 hour before the old flight if it is sooner). Twitter is a good idea, but you can also try again, I've occasionally not been able to do it immediately after midnight.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Haroon. Have sent a DM but alas have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks CWS. Is there any danger of the flight being full and not being able to change it when I get to the airport? Otherwise I'd be stuck there for 7 hours!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyer_tom
Thanks Haroon. Have sent a DM but alas have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks CWS. Is there any danger of the flight being full and not being able to change it when I get to the airport? Otherwise I'd be stuck there for 7 hours!
I assume this is EuroTraveller. It's showing Y3, G2. Now G2 tells me this flight is not quite full, and there are 3 seats unselected and unallocated. The 15:15 also has some space available. Nothing is guaranteed in life but normally that should be OK, there won't be many people booking away at this stage. You could also look up the USA, HK or Singapore telephone numbers to see if someone picks up the phone there, using Skype.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again CWS.

As soon as I wrote my last post I had a call from the social media team from BA's twitter and I'm now all booked on the 10:10 tomorrow. I have to say in my opinion that's incredibly customer service - a direct twitter message, without giving a number, and then a phone call less than 10 minutes later. (Yes I know they have all my details there etc. but still!) Top marks BA!

Mods as this is all sorted, feel free to close the thread.

Thanks everyone!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Thanks again CWS.

As soon as I wrote my last post I had a call from the social media team from BA's twitter and I'm now all booked on the 10:10 tomorrow. I have to say in my opinion that's incredibly customer service - a direct twitter message, without giving a number, and then a phone call less than 10 minutes later. (Yes I know they have all my details there etc. but still!) Top marks BA!

Thanks everyone!
That's excellent result! Are you GGL?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
That's excellent result! Are you GGL?
Nope! Just a mere Silver!
TPRun likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

Nope! Just a mere Silver!
Even better service then!!!
TPRun likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Even better service then!!!
Indeed, you should complain
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Thanks again CWS.

Thanks everyone!
For the avoidance of doubt [and perhaps to temper expectations of anyone that finds this thread later] my read is that you've gotten away with one here. What the Plus fare entitles you to is a free change to another service with cabin level availability on the day - that is, you would have to wait until midnight [local, I think?] on day of departure to make the change for free.

Obviously, if you could change before that, there would be little point maintaining different availability for multiple services, as one would just book the cheapest and immediately switch to the desired slot gratis.

Sounds like you also ran into a glitch, but had it worked you would rightly have met a charge for doing so.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:13 am

I believe it had passed midnight, Switzerland being one hour ahead of the UK.
etiene likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
It is nice to hear a story of BA giving the sort of service we should expect of them.
Thanks for posting!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I believe it had passed midnight, Switzerland being one hour ahead of the UK.
Ah, indeed it had - still, reference to "tomorrow" is likely to confuse those seeking advice.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etiene
Ah, indeed it had - still, reference to "tomorrow" is likely to confuse those seeking advice.
Apologies Etiene - it would seem that my post was indeed badly worded. (For some reason I always seem to call it "tomorrow" until after I've been to sleep!)

Incase anybody reads this thread later, I can confirm that it had indeed passed midnight local time and I was trying to change for an earlier flight on the same day, on the day of departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.