Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR terminal help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

LHR terminal help

can we do this? Brother is flying AA from T3 to Dfw. I am flying BA from T5 to Atl. Lots of time to spare but can we go together and access T3 Lounges then I leave him and exit the T3 and train to T5 and go back through security? Worried I won’t be able to access T3 with him despite my same day boarding pass. We want to lounge together in T3 that am as my flight is a few hours after his. Thanks !

Last edited by dudleydog; Jul 14, 2018 at 7:00 am Reason: spell
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:19 am

Nope. I believe there is some convoluted route where you could go airside at T5 and then travel to T3 and back but probably more hassle than it's worth.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to expand that slightly, if you are already in London (landside) and want to into LHR, you need a boarding pass for that specific terminal, that day. This is checked by computer before entering into the security area. So if you have a T5 boarding pass there is no way you can walk into T3 and get to security, let alone an airside lounge.So your best bet for the two of you is a landside café or restaurant in T3 or one of the landside lounges which Priority Pass may enable. See the Lounges forum for a guide to that.
dudleydog likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If it’s several hours, can you get the shopping service to T3? Or is this a non starter ?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
If you're airside in T5, it's easy enough to 'land' yourself via the TTS and take the Flight Connections bus to T3 airside. I am not sure whether there is a BP check in the new Flight Connections Centre in T3 before security, but there is no absolute requirement to have one, as lots of passengers pick their boarding pass up after security when connecting.

There is no guarantee that the lounges in T3 would admit a passenger with a T5 boarding pass, and you will have issues getting back into T5 as BA's Ready to Fly system will classify you as already being in the terminal when your BP is scanned at T5 Flight Connections.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If it’s several hours, can you get the shopping service to T3? Or is this a non starter ?
And then not go shopping? I think the landslide meeting idea is a far better one.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Doesn’t sound doable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.