baggage question

Old Jul 14, 18, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question baggage question

Hi

Would appreciate the wisdom of those who do Tier Point runs. I am doing an INV to PHL round trip via ORD next Tuesday with a LHR/INV/LHR at either end . . I want to do no baggage check on LHR/INV/LHR as on B2B on BA1468/1469. When I check in for the LHR/INV flight and get boarding pass for this and the INV/LHR sector is it possibler to check a bag at LHR for the next sector which is LHR/ORD. It is a Club/First ticket with the LHR/ORD/LHR sectors in F on the 380.

Many thanks
Old Jul 14, 18, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There have been very few reports (especially recently) of people being refused this, so the chances are that you will be OK. The fact that you're flying in F for LHR-ORD means that timing is not even arguably a problem. The only question is whether someone might refuse to check the bag for sector 2 only before sector 1 has been flown.

But make sure you have a contingency plan (eg using the Left Luggage on the arrivals level near the exit for domestic arrivals) in case you are refused. Hopefully, your original trip planning included a time allowance for this contingency plan.