Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help required if you are visiting Terminal 5 GF please

Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Newbie BA Gold

Hello, if anyone is passing through galleries first in the next few days, could you help me take some photos please. Specifically, I'm looking for photos of the corner table right at the back of the buffet area, on the right hand side, next to the kitchen door. I need wide angle photos of the table in relation to the kitchen door, the path coming out of the kitchen door, the corner after after one comes out of the door, and the door in relation to the buffet area.

If you could please take a few photos, then PM me so that I can give you my details, it would be much appreciated. I was going to do it myself but my travel plans have since changed. Many thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Sounds very much like the prerequisites for photos for a pending legal claim!!
Related to this Accident in GF
If you really want to pursue this, you should be taking the pictures yourself or having them done professionally rather than putting a third party (unrelated traveller) in the middle of this.
TraumaDoc, scubaccr, mrow and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
To do them yourself, get a one way RFS with Avios to a nearby place, go to the lounge and take photos and notes (unobtrusively) then take the train to T5C and back, go landside, offload yourself (to be nice) and leave. Whomever takes the photos may well have to attest to their accuracy to the court, and I doubt random third parties on the Internet will want to do that.
HMPS likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Hello thank you, I didn't realise that someone may have to attest to the accuracy, thanks for pointing that out! I may just ask the CS manager directly to let me back in, otherwise yes, RFS was my last plan of action, thank you. I do have an update to the thread but I will do so in due course..
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Hello, I do have a couple of options now, so mods, could you please close this thread, thank you.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by benjai
Hello, I do have a couple of options now, so mods, could you please close this thread, thank you.
If you want to alert the moderators you're best bet is to press the red triangle by the post itself.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
OP If you ask the manger he is bound to refuse....do the RFS way , make sure that day's newspaper is visible in the photos to prove when you took them...date time stamp on photos can be manipulated.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
If you want pictures then your solicitors should ask for access and have them done by following proper procedures.

I don't think many people will take them for you and then get themselves is a legal claim and possibly get involved in court appearances
mrow and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

This video clip provides a glimpse of the refectory arrangement and location of the kitchen pass door you are concerned about.

Fast forward to 6:02. You will see two doors. The right hand recessed door is the one to/from the kitchen.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
I had noticed there was a rope type barrier next to the kitchen door when I was in there last night. I assumed it was in relation to the incident that occurred.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Agreed with all the posts above, have used the red button. Propero thank you that video is really helpful.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I am happy to help in any way I can and I hope your boy is back on his feet again. I know you (and others who read your harrowing story last week) might be concerned the accident occurred as a direct result of an inherent flaw in the way the refectory is organised. From a design perspective, I would consider the following:

• Catering staff move in and out the kitchen directly into the customer facing refectory area. Noted for those less familiar with the T5 Flounge
  • Level of customer footfall in the immediate vicinity of the door - is the door located where footfall is highest or lowest?
  • Does the door swing directly into the main circulation route or is it recessed far enough into the wall to prevent the leading edge of the door sweeping beyond the face of the wall?
  • Is the area around the door adequate lit? In other words, are there any dark shadows present which may impede visibility
  • Is the door equipped with a vision panel? This question is more related to staff than customers as customers are not expected to pass through the door
  • Are there any objects, displays, or counters in the vicinity of the door that might attract customer movement towards the door or the area around the door?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:21 am

Some valid questions above, but I'm not sure asking other third parties to do the research is the way forward.

Why not just get your solicitor to contact the airline and investigate it properly. Also ask to see the accident book and any reports that could/should have been submitted to HSA.

Of course there is also a possibility that BA may have made some layout changes in response to the incident, so third parties may be photographing the wrong thing. Only you or people who were witnesses would know for sure.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold

This morning there is a rope arrangement in place at the corner where staff emerge from the kitchen. The sort that reminds me of cinema queues when I was little - two chrome stands with the thick blue rope between.

It means that staff have to walk out past the wall into the open before turning left toward the buffet, thus they can see and be seen rather than turning a blind corner.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Hello thank you everyone again for your help. I will respectfully not comment further and will request the other thread to be unlocked when I'm ready. But I really appreciate the help and advice so far. Pauliek thank you for the photo, that's really helpful.

I have booked myself an RFS to Newcastle tonight so will take loads of photos and videos myself.

Thank you everyone.

ps. little one is in good spirits and happy to play games and watch tv all day now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.