Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

booking and cancelling RFS award repeatedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Would I be breaching any terms and conditions if I kept booking an avios seat, and then book another avios seat on the same flight 23 hours after, and then cancel the previos booking? I do not particularly want to fly in Club Europe but if nothing else opens up then that is fine. I have seen that more seats usually open up closer to departure date.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I've regularly done this taking domestic in CE and then cancelling and grabbing when (if) Y comes up

I've also done on hotels, but not within the 24hrs, when the Avios cost drops significantly
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...e/public/en_gb

I expect you'd get away with it but they would be entitled to ask what the mistake is, if they think you're abusing the rule. What would be your answer, and why shouldn't they cancel your second new booking rather than your intial (about to go past 24hrs) booking?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pauldb
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...e/public/en_gb

I expect you'd get away with it but they would be entitled to ask what the mistake is, if they think you're abusing the rule. What would be your answer, and why shouldn't they cancel your second new booking rather than your intial (about to go past 24hrs) booking?
The mistake would be using extra Avios for CE which is a total rip off !
Jetstreamer likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would say the core issue would be that if BA spotted people doing this on any scale - and it wouldn't be difficult to find out - then it could have negative implications for the 24 hour cooling off rule, which in turn could then make life more difficult for those who wouldn't being doing repeat cancellations. I don't think it's going to get you in trouble, it's just anti-social.

If you are Avios poor then paying the redeposit fee if ET shows up would seem more sensible, less work, and less risky if you forget / computer goes down etc.You may not want to pay the CE supplement, but surely it's better than not having the option at all?
Woodbinerich likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would say the core issue would be that if BA spotted people doing this on any scale - and it wouldn't be difficult to find out - then it could have negative implications for the 24 hour cooling off rule, which in turn could then make life more difficult for those who wouldn't being doing repeat cancellations. I don't think it's going to get you in trouble, it's just anti-social.

If you are Avios poor then paying the redeposit fee if ET shows up would seem more sensible, less work, and less risky if you forget / computer goes down etc.

Agreed last thing we need is them pulling the facility.

There is a logic to the Last minute rewards seats coming available (To a rough degree) that if you figure out can save you the hassle of cancelling constantly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.