Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Newbie questions - booking BA flights on Iberia website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club

I am looking to book some flights (in Y) from LHR to the US around the New Year period and I've found that the BA flights I want are £568 on BA.com but £400 on Iberia's website. That appears to be a hand baggage only fare, but even choosing what they call "Optimal", to include checked baggage, it's only about £460 - quite a difference from the BA fare, considering I'm booking for 4 adults and an infant!

I'm worried though - will I miss out on anything through booking with Iberia rather than direct with BA? e.g. My BAEC Gold benefits like extra checked baggage? Seat selection? Tier Points? Upgrade opportunities?

Thanks very much!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
You'll get fewer Avios and you won't get any POUG, although AUP should still be in play when you arrive for the flight.

Not sure if you'll get any more than original booking TP's if you take an AUP being on an Iberia ticket though. One of the experts will be along shortly to give you chapter and verse.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks bhbloke - just bumping this in case anyone else has any insights?

Also, I imagine I'd be on a hiding to nothing calling BA and trying to get them to match the Iberia price for these flights?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bras0978
Thanks bhbloke - just bumping this in case anyone else has any insights?

Also, I imagine I'd be on a hiding to nothing calling BA and trying to get them to match the Iberia price for these flights?
No, it may be worth a call if you are doing something more complicated than a straightforward return flight LHR-JFK. The gap looks suspiciously large too me. Alternatively simply put the precise flight details here and one of the experts here will either come up with a better fare or some clever alternative such as adding car hire. Note also if you are a UK BAEC member the STILLPROUD offer elsewhere in this forum, giving £66 off.
ringingup likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Much obliged - in fact, in the end I found I could get an almost identical fare with BA by just tweaking the return date so I've booked with them - and with STILLPROUD - happy days!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It would still be interesting to know what they flights were to see what the reason behind the different fares is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.