Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What does the app look like for Premier members?

Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Hi all

A question merely for my own interest - are there any screenshots anywhere that show how the app and digital boarding passes look for Premier members? Is it an all black theme like the actual premier cards?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:55 pm

Premier cardholders have people to use the app for them.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I got curious so I downloaded the BA app APK and had a look. I can't tell what color the topbar would be easily, but here are all the background images you get on your "My Account" screen, from Vanilla to Premier

Vanilla

Blue

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Gold Guest List

Premier

And for bonus points, on the account screen if you tap on your card you get a zoomed in copy of your card, and this is what the background looks like for Premier:

Premier Card Background
Cymro, RoyalSwazi, yb90 and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
So they went for a 'Game of Thrones at twilight' motif then...
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Black bar at the top with a white logo.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:30 pm

Also the Avios balance is centred above the picture of the card, since there are no Tier Points displayed.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
What is a Vanilla card and how do I wedge that into a DYKWIA moment? Presumably it's there so the app doesn't fail if it can't find a status but why doesn't it simply go to blue then? (Maybe to avoid outraged goldies calling BA?)
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
What is a Vanilla card and how do I wedge that into a DYKWIA moment? Presumably it's there so the app doesn't fail if it can't find a status but why doesn't it simply go to blue then? (Maybe to avoid outraged goldies calling BA?)
Presumably it's for non-BAEC members who have a BA booking which they want to manage via the BA app.

"Yeah, I'm BA Vanilla, so I'd like to bring these five guests into the CCR. Thanks!"
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by newyorklondon
Presumably it's for non-BAEC members who have a BA booking which they want to manage via the BA app.

"Yeah, I'm BA Vanilla, so I'd like to bring these five guests into the CCR. Thanks!"
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:17 am

Also the image use isn't strictly true. As Gold I have the supposed Silver image showing on my Home page background.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Also the image use isn't strictly true. As Gold I have the supposed Silver image showing on my Home page background.
You have the skier showing?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Might be a bug in the app? Or maybe it's confusing which is the caption to which image. The silver image is a Skiier going down a slope. I don't see that on my app, I see the Gold image, which is the old building with the statues on top.
yb90 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC
I guess it is just the layout of the post. So the status is after the image not before it with the first one being vanilla not the second one? So in this way it would tally up correctly.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:30 am

The post with the pictures contains the tier below the picture, not above as the spacing might suggest
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by jerub
... I see the Gold image, which is the old building with the statues on top.
That is the top of St Peter's Basilica in Vatican City.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.