Search

75 k avios points: Lon to Marseille

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
75 k avios points: Lon to Marseille

Hello,

I have 75K avois points that I was hoping would get us from Lon to Marseille but I don't see any availability. Is there anyway else I can use these points?

Thanks,
S
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
yes lots of ways. just not on on that route or the dates you tried.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

whats the best way to check availability? calling them or do I trust the online?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:30 pm

How many seats and what dates?

If for July/August, you're probably about 9 months too late to nab anything. How about Nice and Montpellier as alternatives?

Regretfully calling up and asking nicely won't reveal additional availability either. What you see is what you get, however you may find additional space is released nearer to departure (within 5 days of) although there is no guarantee of this and I would say highly unlikely if over the upcoming school holidays.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

hi 4 seats and Aug 17th and return Sept 1st. we are flexible regarding where we fly to.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:50 pm

Zero availability on your specific dates.
Nearest I can see is London - Nice on 18AUG
returning Marseille - London 04SEP

baredemptionfinder is going to be useful for you here to determine availability over several routes/classes fairly easily rather than trawling thru ba.com.

Once you see the flights you want to pursue, just input the dates/route to Ba.com and you'll see the availability.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:25 am

Have you downloaded the Executive Club Rewards app? Seems to be a really useful tool and with it linked to your account it shows you where you could go with your accumulated points or what's available just outside your range
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Also have a look at how much it would cost for a cash ticket using Avios to reduce the price. I've found that way is often cheaper when booking late.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
I'd second that suggestion. If you're flying economy within Europe, it can on occasion work out cheaper to get a cash flight and then offset the cost using Avios at checkout.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If the Avios are really burning a hole in your pocket, it might be possible to use them for a hotel stay.

At prime time (and you really are in the highest of prime time to the south of France) the part pay with Avios advice is good - cash fares can become quite eye-watering but the pain is reduced with Avios that you can't use any other way.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Are you Gold by any chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.