Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No OLCI for return leg of ex-EU. Checkin at LHR?

Old Jul 11, 18, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Heading LHR-LIN tomorrow, then LIN-LHR-JFK. Checked in for the flight out but getting the old "Sorry we can not complete online check in...." for the return and onward flight. Worth trying to do it all at LHR in the morning or just do it at LIN when I get there (Not a tight turnaround).
Old Jul 11, 18, 3:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can certainly try at LHR before getting to LIN, but have you gone through the checklist in the "Why Can't I Check-in Online?" thread in the Dashboard, particularly on ticketing?
Old Jul 11, 18, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
You can certainly try at LHR before getting to LIN, but have you gone through the checklist in the "Why Can't I Check-in Online?" thread in the Dashboard, particularly on ticketing?
Nothing particularly stands out there. This link doesn't work: https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...;SITE=XCMTXXNS

I can't find the More Flight Details on the app other than for the outbound flight. My seats are reserved for all flights so that's a positive.

Maybe a SSSS thing?
Old Jul 11, 18, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Try the link in the Wiki. And you should find the LIN-LHR flight in the App via My Bookings, you are looking for the ticket number. If it was SSSS then you should be able to check-in, it's just the boarding pass that is inhibited. Also check things like ESTA validity and first night address. If no clear answer comes up then you better call.
Old Jul 11, 18, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Well, that was strange. Instead of checking in for BOTH legs at the same time (the OLCI page autofills both when you check just one) I unchecked the LHR-JFK box and checked in successfully for LIN-LHR. Then went back and did it for LHR-JFK and success again.

Maybe an IT glitch? Anyway, thanks C-W-S. Got there in the end.
Old Jul 12, 18, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V View Post
Well, that was strange. Instead of checking in for BOTH legs at the same time (the OLCI page autofills both when you check just one) I unchecked the LHR-JFK box and checked in successfully for LIN-LHR. Then went back and did it for LHR-JFK and success again.

Was the JFK flight on a different day to the LIN flight? If so that would explain (in a manner of speaking) the above.
Old Jul 12, 18, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Was the JFK flight on a different day to the LIN flight? If so that would explain (in a manner of speaking) the above.

No, the LIN-LHR lands about an hour before the flight to JFK. I'm sitting in LIN right now awaiting my return. Got the BPs, everything is in green so potentially happy days!
Old Jul 12, 18, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PAL62V View Post

I had meant to post and suggest doing exactly that. Basically check in for the short haul only, leave it a bit, and then try the long haul. This can sometimes work if you can't do both together.
PAL62V likes this.