'We're still so proud' £66 BA promo

Old Jul 11, 18, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver Elite
Exclamation 'We're still so proud' £66 BA promo

Just spotted this on the BA homepage:

Thank you to the England football team for making us all so proud, it was still a momentous achievement.

To help us celebrate and remember all the great memories from the last four weeks, all UK Executive Club Members can now save £66 per person off their next worldwide flight with the code: STILLPROUD

Now there’s an offer to come home to.

Use the Promotion Code, Executive Club Members must make a booking between 21:00 BST 11 July 2018 and 23:59 BST 14 July 2018.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ffers/football
Old Jul 11, 18, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Here are the T&Cs

1. The Promotion code “STILLPROUD” is only valid for use by UK Executive Club Members.
  2. Subject to the conditions set out in these terms and conditions, the Promotion Code "STILLPROUD" entitles UK Executive Club Members to £66 off per person off the published fare of any long haul British Airways marketed and operated flights. The Promotion Code is off the total price including taxes, fees and carrier charges.
  3. The Promotion Code is valid on:a. Flight bookings for travel from 11 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

b. BA marketed and operated flights only. The Promotion Code does not apply to travel on any BA franchisee or oneworld alliance airline, or any flight operated by a codeshare partner.

c. Minimum spend of £300 per person must be met for the Promotion Code to work

d. All cabins and all selling classes on the BA long haul network

e. One booking of up to a total of 9 passengers. Only one booking with a Promotion Code per Executive Club Member can be made.

f. The discount is applicable to bookings for children and infants, when contained on the same booking as an adult.
  4. The Promotion Code is not valid on:a. Avios part payment bookings

b. Reward flight bookings

c. Industry discounted fares (including agency, industry, employee discounts) inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether booked in one of the qualifying classes

d. Bookings made with any other vouchers/Promotion Codes

e. Upgrades

f. Any BA staff friends and family offers (for example, Hotlines)
  5. To use the Promotion Code, Executive Club Members must make a booking between 21:00 BST 11 July 2018 and 23:59 BST 14 July 2018. Bookings can be made in one of three ways:The Promotion Code is not available for bookings made through other channels (for example, at the airport).• Entering the Promotion Code into the “Promotion Code” field on the Price Quote page of the ba.com booking form. NOT the e-voucher field

• Calling 0844 493 0 787 and quoting the Promotion Code to the contact centre agent prior to payment. Bookings made over the telephone are subject to a £5 non-refundable booking fee
  6. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking; where a booking is made through an agent, that agents’ payment terms will apply. Promotion Code travel must be purchased, ticketed, started and finished in the UK. Please note that many credit card issuers will not permit payment for air travel from the UK to be paid for on credit cards that they have issued if the billing address is outside the UK. BA does not accept responsibility for the refusal of any card issuer to allow use of its cards for payment.
  7. Fares are based on debit card payment. BA applies a charge for other cards (and PayPal). Advertised fares are available on ba.com.
  8. Promotion Code travel is subject to availability and capacity control. There is no guarantee that you will be able to purchase tickets on your preferred flight. Certain flights may have very limited or no availability on certain dates because of existing bookings. No stop-overs are allowed.
  9. No cash or credit alternative is available.
  10. Promotion Codes cannot be used retrospectively. This Promotion Code applies to new bookings made between 21:00 BST 11 July 2018 and 23:59 BST 14 July 2018.
  11. All bookings made under this Promotion Code will be covered by the fare rules and conditions of the original fare. This includes any applicable refund and change fees.
  12. Flights booked under this Promotion Code can be refunded online which will be refunded at the discounted price paid subject to the fare rules for the class of the ticket booked. Any refund or cancellation made over the telephone is subject to a service charge.
  13. If a ticket is cancelled or refunded, the Promotion Code cannot be reactivated or reused for a new booking, this includes schedule changes issued by BA and not accepted by the eligible participant. If your ticket is purchased through a travel agent, please refer to them for refund.
  14. All travel on BA flights is subject to British Airways general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
  15. The promoters are in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to this Promotion Code misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Promotion Code.
  16. Where any personal data is taken it shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Promotion Code and will be subject to BA’s Privacy Policy.
  17. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this Promotion Code and any tickets or vouchers issued at Promotion Code prices in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
  18. Promotion Code materials form part of these terms and conditions. This Promotion Code is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
  19. The promoter of this Promotion Code is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777.
Old Jul 11, 18, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG gold
It's a nice touch. Makes you wonder what they would have wheeled out if we had made the final/won?
Old Jul 11, 18, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Azul
BA are certainly milking what has been the poorest World Cups I've ever seen. At least the best two got to the final.
HMPS and simonrp84 like this.
Old Jul 11, 18, 3:57 pm

Rather dodgy copy not mentioning long-haul or the min spend!

But otherwise a nice promo.
Old Jul 11, 18, 4:13 pm

Programs: flybe avios, BAEC blue
Well I don’t remember this promotion when Wales got to the semi finals of the Euros?
Old Jul 11, 18, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
At least the best two got to the final.
That’s generally how it works out.
Old Jul 11, 18, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG gold
Originally Posted by bmibaby737 View Post
Well I don’t remember this promotion when Wales got to the semi finals of the Euros?

You mean you don't remember the great "We're proud of you, £0 BA Promo" of 2016?

Thank you to the Welsh football team for making us all so proud, it was still a momentous achievement.

To help us celebrate and remember all the great memories from the last four weeks, Welsh Executive Club Members can now save £0 per person off their next worldwide flight with the code: STILLWELSH *

Now there’s an offer to come home to.

Use the Promotion Code, Welsh Executive Club Members must make a booking between 21:00 BST 06 July 2016 and 23:59 BST 09 July 2016.

* Only applies to flights departing Cardiff airport
Old Jul 11, 18, 5:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
BA are certainly milking what has been the poorest World Cups I've ever seen. At least the best two got to the final.
Bizarre... Every proper football fan I've spoken to has said this has been one of the best, if not the best, World Cups.

1990 was generally regarded as the worst.
NoY, Shingi, orbitmic and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 18, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Bizarre... Every proper football fan I've spoken to has said this has been one of the best, if not the best, World Cups.

1990 was generally regarded as the worst.
I’d say entertainment value has been high this World Cup, but the standard of football on offer has been the poorest I can remember (England actually exemplify this: Panama aside, they scored only 1 goal from open play in matches against the not-so-great Tunisia, Belgium B, Colombia and Sweden - and still came close to making the final! And even 2 of the goals against Panama were penalties).

I have fond fond memories of Italia 90, but it was my first so that probably explains it. To this day I want to be Roger Milla when I grow up!
HIDDY, T8191, simonrp84 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Scots_Al; Jul 11, 18 at 5:45 pm
Old Jul 11, 18, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Azul
Originally Posted by Scots_Al View Post

I’d say entertainment value has been high this World Cup, but the standard of football on offer has been the poorest I can remember (England actually exemplify this: Panama aside, they scored only 1 goal from open play in matches against the not-so-great Tunisia, Belgium B, Colombia and Sweden - and still came close to making the final! And even 2 of the goals against Panama were penalties).

I have fond fond memories of Italia 90, but it was my first so that probably explains it. To this day I want to be Roger Milla when I grow up!
Spot on.
Old Jul 11, 18, 8:59 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Scots_Al View Post

Sorry, I forgot set pieces don't count as goals these days England haven't been great, but there have been some great games in general.
Old Jul 11, 18, 10:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, EY Gold, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Sorry, I forgot set pieces don't count as goals these days England haven't been great, but there have been some great games in general.
For me the dross games have outnumbered the good ones by around 4 to 1 which is pretty much par for the course in the 15 or so World Cups I've watched. I'm optimistic that the final will be worth watching but this tournament has lacked those couple of really dramatic high class live-in-the-memory matches most of the others have provided.
Old Jul 12, 18, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC, Priority Points
Originally Posted by Blueboys999 View Post
For me the dross games have outnumbered the good ones by around 4 to 1 which is pretty much par for the course in the 15 or so World Cups I've watched. I'm optimistic that the final will be worth watching but this tournament has lacked those couple of really dramatic high class live-in-the-memory matches most of the others have provided.
So what you're looking for is another 'head-butt' from a French player on Sunday?
Old Jul 12, 18, 1:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
And now back to discussion of the BA promotion, please.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: