Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'We're still so proud' £66 BA promo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
[OT] Agreed on the whole, apart from the bit in bold: they faced two decent teams (Belgium in the group stage being the other one) and indeed got beaten on both occasions Anyway, despair not, there's still plenty to look forward to in the weeks to come, Aberdeen-Burnley in the Europa League should be a good one [/OT]

G
That match doesn’t count as nether side put out a first team.

We’ll get to see a repeat Saturday though, where I suspect your point will stand!
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Hi all, any reason why I couldn't use the code to book a PE flight, and use a joker and GUF to upgrade it?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Boston for St Patrick's Day, £283. Done! Really short flight, easily doable in WT. Wanted to go to Boston for ages.

Many of their destinations are available for the same amount, and I'm happy doing Band 5 down the back even for overnights.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Deltus
To use the Promotion Code, Executive Club Members must make a booking between 21:00 BST 11 July 2018 and 23:59 BST 14 July 2018.
Bit pessimistic of BA here - the promotion apparently started before Croatia had even scored their second goal!
Presumably it had to be ready to be rolled out earlier in the event the match didn't even go to extra time.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi Gomac,
The Promotional code for the £66 discount is STILLPROUD
Hope this helps.
Strangly this still doesn’t work for me and I have tried it whilst logged in to two different BAEC accounts on different browsers and different computers.

Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: baec
Question Website rejects the code

I have tried several ways and the website keeps rejecting the stillproud code as above their 8 character maximum - how have people managed to obtain the discount please?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
You mean you don't remember the great "We're proud of you, £0 BA Promo" of 2016?

Thank you to the Welsh football team for making us all so proud, it was still a momentous achievement.

To help us celebrate and remember all the great memories from the last four weeks, Welsh Executive Club Members can now save £0 per person off their next worldwide flight with the code: STILLWELSH *

Now there’s an offer to come home to.

Use the Promotion Code, Welsh Executive Club Members must make a booking between 21:00 BST 06 July 2016 and 23:59 BST 09 July 2016.

* Only applies to flights departing Cardiff airport
i did get a good laugh out of that i must say.

Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Phil Dubery
I have tried several ways and the website keeps rejecting the stillproud code as above their 8 character maximum - how have people managed to obtain the discount please?
Are you logged into BAEC before you select flights?

And of course welcome to FlyerTalk and the BA forum Phil Dubery, I hope we will see more of you here.

Edit: At a guess these may well be the reasons why this code doesn't work
- you are not a UK BAEC member - you need to have a UK address on your account
- you are not logged into to your BAEC account before hunting for flights
- you don't complete the search while still logged in, you log in times out first
- the code is exactly as written - and you can cut and paste it in
- it goes into the promotion line after the final price is shown, there is a radar dot to press.
- it does not go into the e-voucher box
- the flight needs to be over £300 revenue return flight, and longhaul
- it can't be a BA Holiday, nor can you use it on redemptions/Avios or part pay with Avios
- it is supposed to be for return trips starting from the UK (though some other locations apparently work).
- various types of tickets are excluded, e.g. staff Hotline tickets
If all else fails then you can call up to book but they may charge the extra £5 for the telephone booking. However I suspect many thousands of BAEC members have already been able to book these tickets online, so it should work.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 13, 2018 at 3:51 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
It's not possible to use this code on BA Holidays bookings, is it? Specifically Flight + Hotel.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: baec
thank you for the quick response c-w-s - I think the issue will be the following two of your points:
- it goes into the promotion line after the final price is shown, there is a radar dot to press.
- it does not go into the e-voucher box
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Deltus
It's not possible to use this code on BA Holidays bookings, is it? Specifically Flight + Hotel.

Afraid not BA Holidays for all intents and purposes is a travel agent run by BA it only works on directly booked BA flights on BA.com
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
It's a nice touch. Makes you wonder what they would have wheeled out if we had made the final/won?
An £18 discount
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by snuffi
Boston for St Patrick's Day, £283. Done! Really short flight, easily doable in WT. Wanted to go to Boston for ages.

Many of their destinations are available for the same amount, and I'm happy doing Band 5 down the back even for overnights.
Well done!

As it happens St Patricks day is my birthday and my eldest lad thought it a good idea to spend some time together to celebrate it in Boston and along came your post!

Just managed to snag 2 x MAN - BOS returns for £535 with discount, result!

Buy you a beer
T
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to prevent anyone crying foul, I'm just going to head this into the top of the forum, since the clock is ticking, this offer finishes today and I can't see any extra time being allowed. In the past some of these offers have terminated slightly ahead of full time, so I would want anyone to be caught offside on this.

There are some seriously good deals to be had on this, it's a relatively generous offer for UK's BAEC members - who sometimes miss out on offers awarded to those resident elsewhere. For ideas, the lower cost services to Dubai and the rest of the Middle East will give the highest discount percentage, but also look out good fares to BOS, JFK, EWR, ORD, AUS. In some cases you may need to add a domestic connection in to get over £300. And from LGW consider FLL, for the soon to be discontinued service to OAK, perhaps in WTP with a view to UuA.
=====

I can see there have been some problems using this offer, so here is a step-by-step guide.
Login into BAEC on BA.com with your BAEC number and password
Then use this link in the same window (ba.com/fights is a shortcut that may work)
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...lidays/flights

Select your revenue flights in the usual way (it needs to be a return flight costing over £300), then when you move to the flight cost confirmation page you should see this - you need to click on the Promotion code button:

Then enter the code on the left side:

After pressing the submit button on the right side, the screen / frame should refresh and show something like this:

Then down to the bottom of the screen, change any details, accept the terms and continue and press continue to go the payment page. As always, it is best to do a print screen before proceeding, so you have a record of the change conditions.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

Hi
Is this valid only on flights from the UK? I cant get it to work for flight from TLV
  • Sorry, STILLPROUD is not recognised or is not currently valid. Please check and try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.