Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'We're still so proud' £66 BA promo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I think it's the £300 per person minimum means you can't book the £360 DXB as it would lower to under £300 ?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi Gomac,
The Promotional code for the £66 discount is STILLPROUD
Hope this helps.
Which is 10 characters - error message says 8 or less!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:05 am

A data point: looking at a Basic Economy flight NCL-BOS, which comes to £326 (with a fare component of £8, which is mind-boggling frankly). Get the following error:
  • Sorry, STILLPROUD is not recognised or is not currently valid. Please check and try again.
Yet the T&Cs do clearly state that "The Promotion Code is off the total price including taxes, fees and carrier charges."

Any ideas?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
You have to be logged in to your BAEC account before you start the booking process, it seems... Logging in on the page with Part Pay with Avios options doesn't work.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:20 am

Ok, weird. It seems this is a BA IT gremlin: if you 'add' regular economy (£30 each way) to the fare on the booking page under the bit that says "Is this the right fare for you?", then remove it again, it works fine:

Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
It worked for me when using the link but didn't when I went through Google Flights. But as someone pointed out, AA is cheaper even with BA discount voucher. I checked LON-LAX. Shame it doesn't work for flights starting in Ireland, as I wanted to marry it with DUB-LAX in Premium Eco.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I think it's the £300 per person minimum means you can't book the £360 DXB as it would lower to under £300 ?
300 is only minimum original price threshold. Post discount flight can be below.

I booked DXB for £245 after discount
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by salehir
300 is only minimum original price threshold. Post discount flight can be below.

I booked DXB for £245 after discount
That is a good price, seems to work for certain exEU routes too,
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This promotion works for those on Military Service fares, available to members of the UK armed forces and veterans via Defence Discounts.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: BA - Blue
I credit my flights to AA, but do have a UK-based BAEC account. Can I use the code for the booking and then switch crediting FFP? The terms specify UK based BAEC as eligibility (which I fulfil), nothing about crediting flights. For me, the next BA flight I book will definitely be needed for me to requalify as EXP, so I wouldn't want a spanner in the works over 66 quid...

tb
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by trueblu
. For me, the next BA flight I book will definitely be needed for me to requalify as EXP, so I wouldn't want a spanner in the works over 66 quid...
If that sentence is as firm as it comes across then you should forego the offer and book via AA. Yes in theory you will be able to switch cards and credit to AA, however there remains a risk that it won't work. Not because of the offer, just because frequent flyer cards are easy to attribute to a reservation at the point of booking, trickier to change thereafter. In theory a fixable risk (you can ask BA to de-credit the flight, then retroclaim via AA) but if you were looking for total certainty then the answer must be fairly obvious.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If that sentence is as firm as it comes across then you should forego the offer and book via AA. Yes in theory you will be able to switch cards and credit to AA, however there remains a risk that it won't work. Not because of the offer, just because frequent flyer cards are easy to attribute to a reservation at the point of booking, trickier to change thereafter. In theory a fixable risk (you can ask BA to de-credit the flight, then retroclaim via AA) but if you were looking for total certainty then the answer must be fairly obvious.
Yes, as I was writing I convinced myself of the same...I've had mixed success switching FF# on BA flights previously, but it hadn't been a critical issue, so never pursued it.

tb
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
This promotion works for those on Military Service fares, available to members of the UK armed forces and veterans via Defence Discounts.

This an error message you are receiving?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
This an error message you are receiving?
No, it's just letting those able to use Military Service fares that they can use the promotion, whereas the Ts&Cs could be interpreted to mean this is not possible.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:39 am

No, it's just letting those able to use Military Service fares that they can use the promotion, whereas the Ts&Cs could be interpreted to mean this is not possible.

Apologies I had a gap between replying which is why it didn't make much sense lol,
as a data point seems to work in conjunction with my employers Corporate discount portal too which is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.