Inability to select new seats

Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Inability to select new seats

I'm due to fly from LHR to JFK with the other half on Thursday this week. When I originally booked, I chose seats on the upper deck. I'm not trying to change the seats and it isn't letting me, either though there are other seats free.

I've tried doing the same on our return next week and other bookings I have in MMB; I can change all of the others fine.

Any idea why it won't let me change them ?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:22 am

Well - what's happening when you try?

Are you able to get to the seat map?

Can you click on the new seats?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Sorry... can view the seat map. If I select my seat, then choose change and click on any other available seat nothing happens.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Have you tried a different browser?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Yep. Have tried via iPhone and in Chrome.

Works fine for all other flights just this one. Only asked on here as it started to make me worry that something may be up...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
I'm due to fly from LHR to JFK with the other half on Thursday this week. When I originally booked, I chose seats on the upper deck. I'm not trying to change the seats and it isn't letting me, either though there are other seats free.

I've tried doing the same on our return next week and other bookings I have in MMB; I can change all of the others fine.

Were you before/at/after t-72 with fly algorythm taking over, maybe try again in few hours ?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
You could try changing them at qantas.com.au. Usually works for me when BA's website won't let me change.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ibbitsc

If it's any help I am also flying on what could be the same flight (113?) and made a change with no problem - albeit down the back....
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Different flight - 173 this Thursday.

I first tried last Friday with the same result. It’s odd as it is just that flight!

Positive though that I do have good seats on the UD (wanted to change as the other half wanted to sit next to me properly !)
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:53 am
Original Poster

And having just tried again today, it now works fine and lets me change! Very odd....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.