Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Managing timetable changes | clinic thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks both, yes indeed I looked up the rules before and am not clear How my proposal differs from their own guidelines.

The only mention of a ‘reason’ was ‘going via the us’ instead of the same routing but indeed I believe MEX is part of the scope of the JB (that’s why I was asking a few posts above!) The agent was really nice (and clearly thought it should be ok) but ticketing refused somehow and as he was the one speaking to them I’m not sure if they gave a further explaination.

county court - I guess I’m the type who prefers not to go to court unless absolutely needed. Besides, in court you can really only ask for money not for an itinerary so I guess it would only make sense if I bought a different ticket with the routing I wanted and wanted them to pay the difference, which is a more awkward solution.

Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Just read the guidance in this thread and considering my options. I received a text and email today (Sunday) from BA notifying me of a cancelled AA flight from JFK to BOS in May. This is part of an ex-EU ticket, which originates in SOF. It is the rtn leg back via BOS and LHR from JFK. It was booked by BA and includes this AA codeshare leg. The new ticketed flight lands 80 minutes after the BA flight to LHR leaves BOS, so clearly won't work.

I rang BA and they said they couldn't understand why AA had cancelled so many flights (that had previously been available throughout the day) between JFK - BOS, only to leave THREE direct ones: two first thing in the morning, and then one at 22:55. She offered me a seat on the 18:30 JFK - LHR flight, but advised that as there was currently loads of availability on that departure I should wait a while - as FlyerTalk actually suggests - and see what turns up. The BA Gold line staffer was of the opinion that AA may well reinstate some direct JFK - BOS flights, maybe as soon as tomorrow, and thought it odd there were now only 3 direct flights on that Monday. Do you think this is a common occurrence and AA may well reinstate some of these domestic flights? Any guidance from previous experiences welcome! Thank you!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
AA seem to have a large schedule change roughly once every three months, typically over a Saturday night into Sunday.

Flights disappear out of the schedule early Sunday morning and gradually appear back through until Sunday lunchtime.

I’ve not sen them reappear later than Sunday afternoon UK time.

If earning TPs is the objective, look at indirect options JFK to BOS and suggest a reroute option when you call.
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gcuk
AA seem to have a large schedule change roughly once every three months, typically over a Saturday night into Sunday.
Or in the day or two thereafter. I find it difficult to think that AA will keep their BOS service to just 3 flights, one of which being the nightstop positioning flight. So I would leave it a few days (you may need BA's codeshares to be reinstated too). Thereafter, I guess if your timetable isn't too tight you could go to BOS via DCA or some such. Always a risk with AA when there are a few months to go before departure, though the nearer to May you get the risk gets less and less.
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Thank you for the advice. All very useful. I've also tweeted AA but no response yet. I'll try and remember to come back and update any responses and/or the outcome!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Question AA cancellation on BA ticket: layover rules?

You can always count on AA for schedule changes...

I've just been notified that one of the AA flight - belonging to the return of a BA ticketed OSl-HNL trip - has been cancelled.
It was a LAX-SFO scheduled to arrive in SFO at 16:39. The next flight in the itinerary* is SFO-LHR departing 16:35 of the day after.
Basically I had a layover of 23h55m, chosen appositely to quickly visit SFO without incur in the +24h/stopover fee.

At this moment the automatic rebooking is on a flight arriving SFO at 22:54, but since I don't want that, can I ask to change - without risk of reprice - to an earlier flight even if the layover becomes longer than 24h?
There is only one flight available departing "near" the original one and within the 24h range, but at this point I would prefer to limit the LAX layover to the minimum and maximize SFO time.

I will call BA later but I wanted to be more certain of my rights before engaging with a BA representative.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

*Inbound itineray: KOA-LAX-SFO-LHR-OSL
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you were ticketed on AA, AA would do this for the asking. But, BA may choose not to as the change is not significant in terms of your connection. It is less than 90 minutes and clearly does not drop you below MCT.

Thus, I would call BA and simply ask whether it can change you to the earlier flight. If BA refuses, you may ask AA on the day of travel and at the counter at KOA. While this still does not meet the IRROPS change rules and it is not eligible for same day change, AA will typically make the change and waive the fee. All you care about is that the change is made.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Only problem with waiting to make changes on the day, assuming OP is travelling in Domestic First, there is rarely First available as AA's upgrades will have been processed.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Often1
If you were ticketed on AA, AA would do this for the asking. But, BA may choose not to as the change is not significant in terms of your connection. It is less than 90 minutes and clearly does not drop you below MCT.

Thus, I would call BA and simply ask whether it can change you to the earlier flight. If BA refuses, you may ask AA on the day of travel and at the counter at KOA. While this still does not meet the IRROPS change rules and it is not eligible for same day change, AA will typically make the change and waive the fee. All you care about is that the change is made.
I'm sorry, I don't follow... It was a cancellation that led to be rebooked on a flight 6h later. Where the 90 minutes come from?

Maybe I have been unclear. Allow me to try explain better...
Arrival in LAX from KOA (redeye) is at 6:28. The cancelled flight LAX-SFO was scheduled to depart 15:39 with an arrival time of 16:35, while the new one is now departing at 21:30 with arrival in SFO at 22:54. SFO-LHR is the day after at 16:39.

I wouldn't really call that "not significant".
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Yes, rebooking the LAXSFO should be possible.

BA’s standard customer guidelines in relation to BA/AA joint venture bookings allow changes within the following limits:
Period:
Within 3 days before or up to 14 days after the original departure date (ticket validity may be extended)
Allowance: Rebook into the same class as original or if not, available the lowest class available in the same cabin
Lefly likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Lefly
I'm sorry, I don't follow... It was a cancellation that led to be rebooked on a flight 6h later. Where the 90 minutes come from?

Maybe I have been unclear. Allow me to try explain better...
Arrival in LAX from KOA (redeye) is at 6:28. The cancelled flight LAX-SFO was scheduled to depart 15:39 with an arrival time of 16:35, while the new one is now departing at 21:30 with arrival in SFO at 22:54. SFO-LHR is the day after at 16:39.

I wouldn't really call that "not significant".
i think Often1 may have buzzed in without reading your post fully.
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:26 am

Thank you Prospero
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:29 am

The Standard Customer Guidelines can be found here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mer-guidelines
Lefly likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Prospero
i think Often1 may have buzzed in without reading your post fully.
I suspect he interpreted the situation as the SFO connection time changing from 23:55 to 22:54.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Deleted

Last edited by Furby; Apr 7, 2019 at 8:48 am Reason: Deleted, thought it was an AVIOS flight, but it was paid so my comment is not relevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.