Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Managing timetable changes | clinic thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
This is nothing new, and my pals on DL and UA flights are experiencing the same. Nothing like Flyer Talk to ramp it up to 11!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
As it is just after New Year I like to be organised, as the flights are very busy.
I phoned and got an Indian woman who spoke an absolute load of rubbish and didn't have a clue.
I recalled and got a very sensible gentleman who sorted everything as I requested.
It says you can change them online but actually you can't.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Edinburgh flights in February - timetable changes

Something very odd about the BA timetable for Saturdays in February suddenly, for EDI>LON. I just got bumped from a 7pm flight onto a 2pm flight / now showing as last flight of the day. Same across multiple Saturdays in February.

Is this just BA being uncoordinated on timetable updates, or an issue with EDI partial closure for works or something?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There was a thread yesterday about some domestic changes for NW 2018/9: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...e-changes.html - so it sounds like it's just schedule change season in full swing.

This one too from a couple of days ago: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-required.html
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC
I got notification of a change to LHR-EDI on the first Friday of January. As Globaliser says, seems to just be schedule changes; I don't imagine that you'll end up on a flight at early as 2pm (I actually thought that the early afternoon flights didn't run on Saturdays).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Really, I would just wait another month or two until the timetable shakes itself down - then ring up and try and move to a more convenient flight, if you're worried about the connection.

Are you flying in Business or First, or do you have Silver/Gold status? If so, the worst case scenario is a slightly longer wait in the lounges, have a shower etc. Not awful.

In fact, the Transatlantic flights into LHR in the morning quite often run early anyway - so a "40 minute" connection could in reality be more like an hour-plus which is doable if you have your plan together when you get into LHR.

But in any event, I'd really just wait for the timetable to settle before trying to move things around too much.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:40 am
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
I also got a few of these last night. A couple are just a change of flight number but 1 has put me on a later flight on a Friday morning so my 2hr 15min connection is now 30mins so need to sort that out. I’ve 3hrs in Gatwick tomorrow morning so will look at it all then.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ratypus

In fact, the Transatlantic flights into LHR in the morning quite often run early anyway - so a "40 minute" connection could in reality be more like an hour-plus which is doable if you have your plan together when you get into LHR.

But in any event, I'd really just wait for the timetable to settle before trying to move things around too much.
BA aren’t going to ticket that sort of connection time even if that is what their IT offers immediately it will soon get picked up and changed so it confirms to MCT.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
BA aren’t going to ticket that sort of connection time even if that is what their IT offers immediately it will soon get picked up and changed so it confirms to MCT.
Indeed. They won't re-ticket with an invalid MCT regardless of how doable the connection is.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:48 pm

The alternative meant 6 hours in LHR , so I changed the DFW flight to 3 hours later.

Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Housekeeping notice

It appears quite a few of us have been feeling the effects all those timetable changes have had on our bookings during the past week.

golfmad has very kindly provided some solid guidance on what to do when you're advised of schedule changes and you end up with sectors that don't work. This valuable self-help advice can be found in post 1 up thread.

A link to this thread has also been added to section 6 of the forum dashboard and the corresponding widget looks like this:

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Prospero

golfmad has very kindly provided some solid guidance on what to do
With more than a little help from @corporate-wage-slave too.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The cruise is in October & the schedule change happened in June = 6 months prior.)
What calendar do you use?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:32 am

Data point.

I mistakenly started a thread about my time table change asking for advice, which came very quickly thanks, thought it may be useful to post an update here. Sorry, I don't know how to link my original post here, maybe someone else can ?

Original booking from OTP/LHR/DFW/PHX was changed to drop the DFW stop. Caused by a 5 minute schedule change on OTP-LHR causing a miss on MCT. I had a 40 minute call to BA gold line with an agent who really didn't understand the problem and could only suggest I fly into LHR the previous evening, no good as I already have a LHR/OTP booked for that day to overnight in OTP. I gave up at that point ! (I wanted to fly AA outbound and grab the extra 40 TP by connecting)

Then I was connecting through LHR and had a couple of hours so decided to go for a chat with the ticket desk people in T3, located their desk in the Galleries lounge and explained my situation. I suggested I delay my LHR/DFW by 24 hours so I could do my original plan.. agent was great, tapped away on his keyboard whilst chatting to me about my current trip to MIA and had it all sorted and printed out for me in less than 10 minutes. Great outcome, much easier face to face !
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chuckstar
Data point.

I mistakenly started a thread about my time table change asking for advice, which came very quickly thanks, thought it may be useful to post an update here. Sorry, I don't know how to link my original post here, maybe someone else can ?

Original booking from OTP/LHR/DFW/PHX was changed to drop the DFW stop. Caused by a 5 minute schedule change on OTP-LHR causing a miss on MCT. I had a 40 minute call to BA gold line with an agent who really didn't understand the problem and could only suggest I fly into LHR the previous evening, no good as I already have a LHR/OTP booked for that day to overnight in OTP. I gave up at that point ! (I wanted to fly AA outbound and grab the extra 40 TP by connecting)

Then I was connecting through LHR and had a couple of hours so decided to go for a chat with the ticket desk people in T3, located their desk in the Galleries lounge and explained my situation. I suggested I delay my LHR/DFW by 24 hours so I could do my original plan.. agent was great, tapped away on his keyboard whilst chatting to me about my current trip to MIA and had it all sorted and printed out for me in less than 10 minutes. Great outcome, much easier face to face !
I guess the important point is that being prepared with detailed options of which flights you want, as you did at the airport, makes it much easier to sort it out.
chuckstar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.