Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Completely unable to use Avios [Potentially resolved]

Completely unable to use Avios [Potentially resolved]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 13, 18, 12:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Since early June 2018 the BA redemption search engine has not readily shown availability for Avios bookings if they involve either American Airlines or routes where AA operate. That includes particularly domestic USA services. 11 July 2018: Now appears to be resolved for AA.
A separate problem with Cathay Pacific point to point services now appears resolved, there are reports that availability isn't as good as expected, however what is there is bookable online.
For Qantas, the availability is online but fulls over with an error after selecting the flights and before payment details are shown. Can be resolved by the Contact Centre, see post 54 below.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 19, 18, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I just checked and guess what. I can see al flights now.
Also checked a flight from amsterdam to dallas, nonstop with AA. And it showed up.
excellent. That will enable me to get some great value out of my Avios.

Old Jul 19, 18, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'm still struggling to find CX availability ex-HKG to many regional destinations in December. However, as married segments appear to find reward space, I was wondering if a workaround would be to book TPE-HKG-CGK and then just cancel the TPE-HKG element of it. 1) Is this possible? 2) If so and done within 24 hours, would it be free?
Old Jul 20, 18, 1:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, VA Plat, BA Gold
Awards for QF still down. Calling in with phone fees waived, no issues - but massive PITA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: