FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Completely unable to use Avios [Potentially resolved] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1918570-completely-unable-use-avios-potentially-resolved.html)

mrvincent Jul 12, 18 12:33 pm


Originally Posted by jsdickinson (Post 29965690)
Yep same for the Philippines. Do you think it's worth ringing up for a flight in early December?

I'd say yes - but only because you can then report back and tell me if it was successful! :)

mrvincent Jul 12, 18 5:03 pm

I've also got a problem with QF redemptions. I can see availability but cannot even price it up; just get an error [Sorry, there’s a problem with booking this journey online. You can try selecting other flights or contact us so an agent can help you book the flights you have selected.].

All getting a bit frustrating.

Globaliser Jul 13, 18 3:10 am


Originally Posted by mrvincent (Post 29967586)
I've also got a problem with QF redemptions. I can see availability but cannot even price it up; just get an error [Sorry, there’s a problem with booking this journey online. You can try selecting other flights or contact us so an agent can help you book the flights you have selected.].

QF mainline, or Qantaslink, or Jetconnect?

AIUI, the Jetconnect problem may have been solved by (in effect) abolishing Jetconnect, but AFAIK the Qantaslink problem is still there. Just phone to book if this is the problem.

mrvincent Jul 13, 18 3:59 am


Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 29968813)
QF mainline, or Qantaslink, or Jetconnect?

AIUI, the Jetconnect problem may have been solved by (in effect) abolishing Jetconnect, but AFAIK the Qantaslink problem is still there. Just phone to book if this is the problem.

QF mainline - SYD-MEL flights. I've just been too lazy to phone up but now that I've got my dates confirmed, will give them a buzz this afternoon.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 13, 18 4:48 am


Originally Posted by mrvincent (Post 29968907)
QF mainline - SYD-MEL flights. I've just been too lazy to phone up but now that I've got my dates confirmed, will give them a buzz this afternoon.

OK, well I am able to get flights on this relatively easily. So is this a case of "BAEC has a bug, it's not working" or is it a case of "BAEC is not giving me flights on the times that suit me?"

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b6b78ffade.png


====
While I am at this, and please don't think I am getting at anyone here, but kindly indulge me in a small display of frustration. When there is a post saying "I can't get Avios to work for me, it's broken", that doesn't much help - it is not specific, no airline, no route, no dates. I've been known to contact people in BA and ask them to check things out, e.g. the AA domestic issue, but before I'm prepared to do this I need to see the problem at least for myself so I can explain it properly. Now upthread it's rare for someone to be totally specific - by that I mean exact dates and precise routes - and that means all I ought to do really is to ignore the post. it's just an expression of the OP's frustration and non resolvable. So if you want someone round here to do any checking for you then please give the full details.

mrvincent Jul 13, 18 4:59 am


Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29968972)
OK, well I am able to get flights on this relatively easily. So is this a case of "BAEC has a bug, it's not working" or is it a case of "BAEC is not giving me flights on the times that suit me?"

Availability is wide open. But select an outbound/inbound and I get the error message I talked about above. It cannot/will not display the total cost of the flights.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 13, 18 5:10 am


Originally Posted by mrvincent (Post 29968986)
Availability is wide open. But select an outbound/inbound and I get the error message I talked about above. It cannot/will not display the total cost of the flights.

OK, my apologies. Yes, I can reproduce that, so there is a message in Total Price box, and another message on the top with an Error message saying it can be booked online. I'll get someone to have a look at that. When this has happened before it was due to some change to the taxes / fees not being properly updated, and since that can be manually inserted then a Contact Centre agent should be able to complete the booking. If you do call up, make sure you get properly ticketed even if that takes a month or two.

Globaliser Jul 13, 18 6:48 am


Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29969001)
If you do call up, make sure you get properly ticketed even if that takes a month or two.

And if you do call up, remember to mention that you've tried booking online but the website has failed to work properly.

mrvincent Jul 13, 18 9:04 am


Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29969001)
OK, my apologies. Yes, I can reproduce that, so there is a message in Total Price box, and another message on the top with an Error message saying it can be booked online. I'll get someone to have a look at that. When this has happened before it was due to some change to the taxes / fees not being properly updated, and since that can be manually inserted then a Contact Centre agent should be able to complete the booking. If you do call up, make sure you get properly ticketed even if that takes a month or two.


Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 29969199)
And if you do call up, remember to mention that you've tried booking online but the website has failed to work properly.

Thanks, both. The guy on the phone mentioned that he'd raise the issue that I'd had online before I'd specifically ask him to, so all good there I think. Flights booked without issue.

Now I just need CX to pull their finger out and push some availability to CGK/DPS in December!

corporate-wage-slave Jul 13, 18 9:29 am


Originally Posted by mrvincent (Post 29969569)
. Flights booked without issue.

Thanks for reverting on that, so we can now say that with the Qantas error the availability is OK and despite the error message the Contact Centre can resolve it fairly easily. I'm sure this will help other FTers.

Happy Jul 18, 18 12:40 pm

July 18, 1:30pm US EDT, I am getting error message when trying to find availability on CX flight. Search a period, the first date show up, the next date hang. Tried again then now could not even go to the page ask if you want a free stopover or not.

Seraglio Jul 18, 18 12:59 pm

Allthough the error message is gone, ba does not show me AA flights. When i search on AA for direct flights AMS-NEW York, it shows many options.
when i search on BA, they keep telling me that there are no direct flights and divert me over Heathrow.
i do not mind flying from amsterdam to new york with a stopover in london, but the price jumps sky high.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 18, 18 3:06 pm


Originally Posted by Seraglio (Post 29987805)
Allthough the error message is gone, ba does not show me AA flights. When i search on AA for direct flights AMS-NEW York, it shows many options.
when i search on BA, they keep telling me that there are no direct flights and divert me over Heathrow.
i do not mind flying from amsterdam to new york with a stopover in london, but the price jumps sky high.

It would helpful to have a date for me to check out. I can't find a direct service from AMS-NYC on AA or BA, but I am finding availability via PHL and LHR, for example, as far as I can tell it's working OK.

corporate-wage-slave Jul 18, 18 3:13 pm


Originally Posted by Happy (Post 29987719)
July 18, 1:30pm US EDT, I am getting error message when trying to find availability on CX flight. Search a period, the first date show up, the next date hang. Tried again then now could not even go to the page ask if you want a free stopover or not.

I am seeing availability on Cathay (e.g. TPE-HKG 24 August 2018, over 340 redemption seats available). Swapping dates also works (e.g. 25 August then back to 24 August).

jsdickinson Jul 19, 18 4:18 am

CX reward availability there for me this morning for the Philippines to HK in December. Glad I kept looking. One way flight Cebu to HK for £28 vs £340, a nice saving. Hope the rest of you find availability that you are looking for on CX


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.