Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help with routing - travelling around the world

Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:05 am
Original Poster

(Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place - mods please do feel free to move)

Hi all,

I need your help!

I have an urgent business trip starting on Monday with a long trip to:

(1) Lhr - nyc on on 9 July (arrive before 6pm, but morning flights are preferable)

(2) nyc - Syd on 14 July (so as to get in to Syd by no later than 8am on 16 July)

(3) syd - Sin on 20 July (12pm onwards departure)

(4) sin - Lhr on 22 July (departure; late / evening preferred)

Id like to keep it OW, and would like to optimise towards direct flights as opposed to tier points.

I have a budget of 8k.

Also happy to do a dub / ams / par or other 1hr destination ex-EU back to backs.

Any and all suggestions are very welcome and for those of you who happen to be in any of the listed travelling locations, beers / drinks on me as recompense in helping with me this is!

Once again, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

Many thanks,

FlyingRabbit

Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
One World RTW quotes out at just over GBP7000 for business. LHR-JFK direct did not appear to have any availability though there is an LGW flight that arrives a bit later (19:35) than your stated preference.

Last edited by Gerbs; Jul 6, 2018 at 10:35 am
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
You can use a DONE4 ticket. That's a Oneworld round the world ticket. It will cost you about GBP7k.It has no ticketing deadling and great flexibility; the only restriction is that you will need D class availability which may be a bit tight close in.

Eg, route

LHR-JFK-LAX-SYD-SIN-LHR

Of course, many would wince at so few flights in such a lovely flexible ticket but you want fast, not lots of stops or tier points.

Otherwise you're going to find it expensive to buy one way tickets to do this especially at short notice, but a travel agent might be able to do something. If you can use the DONEx ticket, it's simpler.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingRabbit
(Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place - mods please do feel free to move)

Hi all,

I need your help!

I have an urgent business trip starting on Monday with a long trip to:

(1) Lhr - nyc on on 9 July (arrive before 6pm, but morning flights are preferable)

(2) nyc - Syd on 14 July (so as to get in to Syd by no later than 8am on 16 July)

(3) syd - Sin on 20 July (12pm onwards departure)

(4) sin - Lhr on 22 July (departure; late / evening preferred)

I’d like to keep it OW, and would like to optimise towards direct flights as opposed to tier points.

I have a budget of 8k.

Also happy to do a dub / ams / par or other 1hr destination ex-EU back to backs.

Any and all suggestions are very welcome and for those of you who happen to be in any of the listed travelling locations, beers / drinks on me as recompense in helping with me this is!

Once again, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

Many thanks,

FlyingRabbit

If you don't mind ex-EU, I think this ticks all the boxes, and is currently valid via AA for around 7k

Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you all so much.

The first option works very well. However, I cant seem to price it on google flights or on OTAs. (Comes in at over 11k for me)

What is the best way for me to price / book?

Many thanks
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by TheFlyingRabbit
Thank you all so much.

The first option works very well. However, I cant seem to price it on google flights or on OTAs. (Comes in at over 11k for me)

What is the best way for me to price / book?

Many thanks
Try the One World site's booking tool: https://rtw.oneworld.com/rtw/
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Gerbs
Try the One World site's booking tool: https://rtw.oneworld.com/rtw/
If that doesn't work, just call BA to book your DONE4 oneworld explorer ticket. More information about the oneworld explorer fare can be found here:
https://www.oneworld.com/flights/rou...world-explorer
Specific fare rules here:
https://www.oneworld.com/documents/1...9-d346ec820edf
Gerbs likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Gerbs! All booked via BA phone line.

If any of you happen to be in Lon / nyc / Syd / Sin - DM me and Id be very happy to meet and say thank you with several beers or drinks.

Many thanks again!

Gerbs and newyorklondon like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.