Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Did anyone go to the After Hours Club event?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards

Was it any good, many FTers there?

There is a report by Raffles but sadly he seems to now be part of the global Hillier conspiracy. I hate to think of Raffles having joined the dark legions so just hope BA had merely spiked his drink with some hallucinogenic compound.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:36 am

Didn't think there was anything particularly offensive in the report. He noted that he didn't talk about BA in particular but was just general chit chat.

The price of it seemed ridiculous though!!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by kmccallum13
Didn't think there was anything particularly offensive in the report. He noted that he didn't talk about BA in particular but was just general chit chat.

The price of it seemed ridiculous though!!
I think Worcester was referring to the conspiracy pretending that James Hillier exists :-)
JustTheOne and Worcester like this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by MPH1980
I think Worcester was referring to the conspiracy pretending that James Hillier exists :-)
ah, I see!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:02 am

Does anyone else feel that "going to the After Hours Club" might be construed as spending at entirely different kind of evening altogether?

Just me? I'll get my coat...
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
Does anyone else feel that "going to the After Hours Club" might be construed as spending at entirely different kind of evening altogether?

Just me? I'll get my coat...
Well on of my first experiences of London as a student was being invited by a group of girls from my hall of residency to go the Heaven (the club). That was err... educational.

The chap with the 6 pack dressed as a fairy should have been a clue. Still slightly put out no one tried to hit on me...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:30 am

I did go - it was fun with the bowling and all, but I agree that the price tag was very hefty for what we got - there was a buffet type arrangement for food, we had a different experience with the welcome cocktail - just the one and two drinks vouchers. I won one of the raffle prizes and am still waiting to hear from someone on how to claim. Not sure I would rush to pay the same amount for a similar set up.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Based on the review by Raffles - and also comments above by dp 1586 - it sounds like a perfectly pleasant evening. I’m really not sure it’s necessary to spend that much to go bowling, even with some light food & a couple of drinks thrown in. In terms of what happened on the night, the ‘connection’ to BAEC seems tenuous at best - although in fairness perhaps that’s how BA intend it to be.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:06 am

[QUOTE=dp1586;29944093]I did go - it was fun with the bowling and all, but I agree that the price tag was very hefty for what we got -

Sounds like your normal BA flight
DVT likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by dp1586
I did go - it was fun with the bowling and all, but I agree that the price tag was very hefty for what we got - there was a buffet type arrangement for food, we had a different experience with the welcome cocktail - just the one and two drinks vouchers. I won one of the raffle prizes and am still waiting to hear from someone on how to claim. Not sure I would rush to pay the same amount for a similar set up.
Unlimited welcome drinks if you sat at the bar!

I agree that the general lack of direct BA linkage was a bit odd, although I am not sure what else they could have done short of bringing along premium seats to try out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.