Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Access to Fast track & airSide & BA lounge at LGW South

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold

Wow, I have really not posted a question in a while and I hope you knowledgable BA flyers can help me with this: I m a silver BA member who will fly this month to Naples from LGW, flying in ET. I know that I can check in my bag & go through to departure & lounge any time during the day. I m travelling with a blue member friend , travelling in ET too, with hand baggage fare. Can I still take him as guest in fast track, way before, the two , three hours he is restricted to ? Thank you
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you use the self-service machines I think you will be fine. But yes, you can guest him in on your check-in and Fast Track in any event, and at a time of your choosing.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Approach the Prem Area and speak nicely to the staff. show them your BP and explain your BA Silver and s/he's your guest. They're a nice bunch and dont imagine it will be an issue. The rules say no but a civil approach and mentioning as a sliver you are allowed to guest somebody into the BA lounge irrelevant of their travel class will normally work. Whilst purely ( well known) conjecture which cant be guaranteed I would be disappointed to hear otherwise.

The alternative is to ask the BA check in staff with a sly wink if they happen to have any of the special stickers that they shouldn't really have ( BA CE / CW BP's do the job without them) although that's sticking it on the staff member so option one is def the better idea.

There is a quota of sorts to make sure things work the way they're intended to so option one, if approached the right way and with legitimate reason, should see you right unless they're on a heavy load.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Approach the Prem Area and speak nicely to the staff. show them your BP and explain your BA Silver and s/he's your guest. They're a nice bunch and dont imagine it will be an issue. The rules say no but a civil approach and mentioning as a sliver you are allowed to guest somebody into the BA lounge irrelevant of their travel class will normally work. Whilst purely ( well known) conjecture which cant be guaranteed I would be disappointed to hear otherwise.
Do the rules say no? I regularly turn up, smile and say hello and then wave at a colleague whilst saying “I have a guest” and nobody has ever batted an eyelid.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JP Flyer
Do the rules say no? I regularly turn up, smile and say hello and then wave at a colleague whilst saying “I have a guest” and nobody has ever batted an eyelid.
I can do no better than quote our leading authority

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22356244-post6.html

"For Fast Track entry to LHR and LGW from landside, you would definitely be allowed one guest, that's a formal entitlement."
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
My understanding is that the arrangement has changed. Any BA BP was fine but have been told it's changed ( maybe happened when they moved N-S ) however 100% like you are saying it's unheard of for it not to be okay if you travel with a smile.

There is the possibility that the person I asked misunderstood the status/ guesting part of the question to be honest and i'll try seek clarity on that. Not saying they would ever been turned away just that from information given it could be a possibility if they aren't travelling CE/ CW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.