Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Charged for "Caa Regulation Tax - Azerbaijan"???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charged for "Caa Regulation Tax - Azerbaijan"???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA ARN-SFO-ARN, Azerbaijan Tax

Just checked my latest e-ticket receipt and noticed something very peculiar. First above all the other taxes and fees there's Caa Regulation Tax - Azerbaijan SEK 250.00 This is a WT+ flight ARN-LHR-SFO-LHR-ARN so can't see any reason why I should pay some Azerbaijan tax. Any idea what is this all about or should I just reclaim it back?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I've seen this before.

There are some errors in the tables that translate codes for individual fees and charges (APD, Airport fees, departure taxes etc) to descriptions

In the fare breakdown what is the 2 letter code associated with the amount?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by timma1971
Just checked my latest e-ticket receipt and noticed something very peculiar. First above all the other taxes and fees there's Caa Regulation Tax - Azerbaijan SEK 250.00 This is a WT+ flight ARN-LHR-SFO-LHR-ARN so can't see any reason why I should pay some Azerbaijan tax. Any idea what is this all about or should I just reclaim it back?
It seems to be Sweden Aviation Tax (LJ) kr250.00. For some reason ba.com seems to use the wrong description.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I've seen this before.

There are some errors in the tables that translate codes for individual fees and charges (APD, Airport fees, departure taxes etc) to descriptions

In the fare breakdown what is the 2 letter code associated with the amount?
ITA Matrix lists a Sweden Aviation Tax (LJ) amounting to kr250.00 so that is probably the correct translation for this item
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can't find the code but just checked my previous bookings and threre's nothing like that in those. Could this be the new Swedish Airline Tax?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by timma1971
Could this be the new Swedish Airline Tax?
Yes Swedish Aviation Tax (Quick Introduction)
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Question Charged for "Caa Regulation Tax - Azerbaijan"???

I have no idea why I have been charged Caa Regulation Tax - Azerbaijan as I don't live in Azerbaijan, I'm not from Azerbaijan or even been there...

I booked the flight from ARN-LHR-SFO and yet BA is charging me SEK 250 x 2 = SEK 500 (or USD 56)

Everything else seem fine and I'm wondering if I should ask for a refund of the charge as it's clearly nothing to do with me...

Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
It's a mis-coding of the tax code LJ which is the Sweden Aviation Tax of 250SEK, so no you shouldn't ask for a refund as it is something to do with your ticket, just decoded incorrectly.
Cupart likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is a longstanding glitch. BA uses a set of standard codes for the taxes and a look up table. Though BA quickly updates the correct fees, it doesn't always correct the look up table which sometimes picks up an old table description. A data error if you like, but not one that adversely affects you in error.

In this specific case code LJ is "Sweden Aviation Tax (LJ)" which started on 3 April 2018 with a view to reducing emissions. It's similar to APD and goes from 60 SEK for domestic to 400 SEK.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Another ridiculous tax to pay. Over my dead body... Now where are those ex-CPH WTP fares...?
Calum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.