Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Higher prices just before flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:42 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LBA_flyer
We bought a last minute KUL-SIN yesterday for Ł100.00 each (including a ‘hot seat’), thought that was quite reasonable....appreciate they are a LCC though.
KUL-SIN is a very competitive market, so unlikely to be outrageously high (unless flying during Eid)... so depends on the market I'd imagine.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Would OPs boss not be paying for the flights anyway, or indeed why do they have to be in CE? Sounds like it’s not too urgent!

in my line of work I am often required to travel with very short notice, and often book a couple of hours before the flight, so there is a market there.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:24 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Seraglio
i usually do not book on such short term. Normally i have my schedule for 21 days in advance. I am looking at economy flights now as well as departing from dusseldorf as there are som nice tickets available.
and if it not works out? Well, i spend the night in my own bed and work from home..
Did you end up booking? Your next challenge will be finding reasonably priced hotels (assuming you are going to central London), when booking with a days notice. Hotel prices have been eye-wateringly expensive in London recently!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gms
Did you end up booking? Your next challenge will be finding reasonably priced hotels (assuming you are going to central London), when booking with a days notice. Hotel prices have been eye-wateringly expensive in London recently!
i ended up booking. The meeting is rescheduled till next week as i was not the only one who could get a good flight. When i was flying i would not stay over as i have a meeting in France on friday. I usually do not stay over in the middle of london as it is to crowded and overpriced.
i did book 3 other flights today for the month of August bringing my total waiting flights till the beginning of October to 16 single flights.
i need to plan one other trip to heathrow, and in the evening to madrid. Just waiting for confirmation of my US peers if they can make it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.