Wiki Posts
Search

BA 2762 to Ams operated by Eastern Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
BA 2762 to Ams operated by Eastern Airways

Just spotted that my LGW to AMS flight on the 10th of this month is operated b by Eastern Airways. Not on the following Monday through when I do another trip.

Anything to be aware of?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by criso

Anything to be aware of?
in terms of?

BA has various crew (and aircraft) shortages at the moment and they are using Titan, Eastern and Jota aircraft to cover.

Service is usually 'BA' though crew for your flight will be Eastern.

TheBASource.com is a good tool for seeing which flights are operated by non BA planes.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Assuming it is the E70 aircraft, more details here:
BA leasing T3 [Eastern Airways] Embraer 170 for LGW flights
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you cws. That thread was the one I was sure would be here somewhere but didn't pop up on a search.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by criso

Anything to be aware of?
Its currently broken down at Gatwick and the Jersey flights for tonight are now cancelled.
Got very quickly rebooked onto Flybe to Southampton which is also luckily delayed and apparently a taxi will be waiting to whisk me back to LGW when we land.

Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by LBP2
apparently a taxi will be waiting to whisk me back to LGW when we land.
you don't honestly believe that do you?? Unless you've arranged and paid for it yourself that is...
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
There shouldn't any problems with Eastern, they are an excellent airline.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Airprox
you don't honestly believe that do you?? Unless you've arranged and paid for it yourself that is...
No, and I’m now on the train to Waterloo 😀
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by TheOldMan
.... but according to the staff at Jersey their planes go tech a lot and since they started on the route reliability has gone down the pan. I’m sure when they actually get off the ground they are wonderful 😀
Must admit, the staff were great and looks like they have a lot of practice rebooking people off the 2775. And Flybe re-opened their flight to take a few of us who had no bags.
Well it’s made for an interesting day, there and back just for a few TPs would have just been dull!
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
Originally Posted by TheOldMan
Except that today both their E170s went tech (along with one of the two Titan A320s)..
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LBP2

.... but according to the staff at Jersey their planes go tech a lot and since they started on the route reliability has gone down the pan. I’m sure when they actually get off the ground they are wonderful 😀
Must admit, the staff were great and looks like they have a lot of practice rebooking people off the 2775. And Flybe re-opened their flight to take a few of us who had no bags.
Well it’s made for an interesting day, there and back just for a few TPs would have just been dull!
this isn’t a surprise, eastern’s other operations are shocking in terms of reliability. Sadly it seems to be an airline with quite a few problems.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Recently had an Eastern flight from LCY to DUS, 90 min late due to technical issues and no catering loaded. Felt sorry for the pax in J. Being in Y and LCY flights still offering some basic catering, can I ask for any compensation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.