Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIV Files

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Question CIV Files

HI all just purely out of curiosity this one tbh. I appreciate that there is probably no way you can be shown your CIV file but I was wondering how they actually work and if there was anyway I could see my own score. I did search "CIV FILES" but couldn't find anything but apologies in advance if said thread does exist somewhere.

Any advice on how to improve your score etc etc
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Try just CIV or CIV score
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
HI all just purely out of curiosity this one tbh. I appreciate that there is probably no way you can be shown your CIV file but I was wondering how they actually work and if there was anyway I could see my own score. I did search "CIV FILES" but couldn't find anything but apologies in advance if said thread does exist somewhere.

Any advice on how to improve your score etc etc
It is very easy to see your CIV and other information BA hold on you. File a Subject Access Request, details buried somewhere in https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...privacy-policy
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
There are plenty of threads on here which give the ranges for each membership level. As noted above, an information request will tell you where in that range you are (or I suspect as the SCCM the next time onboard).
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

There have been loads of threads about it over the years but here are a few from a raw search of CIV Flyertalk BA, worth a read but basically as follows you get a number depending on your status and within some of them there is a range.

So fo example if you buy full fare J/C tickets, Y full economy tickets your CIV will probably be higher than that of someone who is say a fellow Gold but only buys very cheap tickets but there's a little more to than that I am sure.

CIV Ranges

BA passenger value index
A weird CIV-related question
The mysterious CIV
BA passenger value index
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
My deepest thanks to one and all who responded. Im guessing i put too much in my initial search term which is something i'll bare in mind for the future.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Like the old saying goes...if you need to ask...
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Out of interest - when you discover your CIV score what are you going to do with the information?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Out of interest - when you discover your CIV score what are you going to do with the information?
Tattoo.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I suspect it is pure curiosity and nothing else.
ringingup likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I find it interesting and have on a few occasions asked the CSM when they come to say hi. No reason for knowing, I'm just a data nerd.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect it is pure curiosity and nothing else.

Indeed it is and as a recent convert over to BA I suppose it would be interesting to see how im doing within the bands so i'll see how friendly the CSM is on my next flight next Sunday and have a peek.

Life is for learning as they say and I was simply curious. Again my thanks to all those who helped out.
PETER01, so3003, Tobias-UK and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
With greater data access under GDPR I am just waiting for the first DYKWMCI* story

*Do you know what my CIV is?
missdimeaner and subject2load like this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Does the Data Protection Officer have an email address or can this info be requested on the contact us email form on the website, or is it strictly letter in writing only when requesting such information?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Indeed it is and as a recent convert over to BA I suppose it would be interesting to see how im doing within the bands so i'll see how friendly the CSM is on my next flight next Sunday and have a peek.

Life is for learning as they say and I was simply curious. Again my thanks to all those who helped out.
Indeed and I am curious as to what mine is but that's just out of pure nosiness and to be honest I never really give it a thought unless I see a CIV thread on here.

I hope your enjoying flyertalk and the BA Board TWCLAM and there is always an answer to be found or answered on here and we all learn new things regularly including myself who booked a seat on a 767 recently and despite being on it many a time never realised or noticed the row had a full window blank! Duh me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.