Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Did BA serve hot breakfasts on short haul flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did BA serve hot breakfasts on short haul flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by IntVic
Didn't touch the sausage tbh, the egg and potato was terrible but the OH was hungry and she gobbled hers and mine- but she didn't touch the sausage either :-)
I've had a couple of Air China breakfasts and the silliest thing about them is that they seem not to be seasoned, and you don't get any salt or pepper! That and the fact that they do not exactly supply an abundance of drinks: eating food like that, when thirsty, can be challenging.

I still smile, though, when I remember the crew asking all the non-Chinese customers: "Omelette or porridge?!"
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:09 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by _nate
I've had a couple of Air China breakfasts and the silliest thing about them is that they seem not to be seasoned, and you don't get any salt or pepper! That and the fact that they do not exactly supply an abundance of drinks: eating food like that, when thirsty, can be challenging.

I still smile, though, when I remember the crew asking all the non-Chinese customers: "Omelette or porridge?!"
What is unusual about that?

Though the porridge was probably congee so those choosing porridge were probably in for a surprise.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by IntVic
Didn't touch the sausage tbh, the egg and potato was terrible but the OH was hungry and she gobbled hers and mine- but she didn't touch the sausage either :-)

When you're hungry you're hungry but I dont blame you or your OH for steering clear of the anemic, plastic wrapped looking thing
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'd argue that BA don't serve hot breakfasts on long haul flights anymore.....my definition of a hot breakfast is an English breakfast. A Breakfast Panini should be deemed a unique sticker collection and not something served to start the day....
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:44 am
xdh

Programs: BD*G
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Even as recent as 2007 I remember having a full English on the EDI-LCY morning flight. Definitely had many full hot meals morning, noon and night on the LHR-ABZ in the 90s.

BMI had great bacon rolls. IIRC there were more like wraps or something. Can't remember exactly it was so long ago, but they were very tasty.
The only food I remember on BMI is the Cheese Toastie, anything else on offer pales into insignificance. If you disagree then I give you the finger.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by silonic
I'd argue that BA don't serve hot breakfasts on long haul flights anymore.....my definition of a hot breakfast is an English breakfast. A Breakfast Panini should be deemed a unique sticker collection and not something served to start the day....
It is just the shorter overnight longhauls that don't offer the full breakfast in CW, notably East Coast USA and Canada. Some shorter longhauls do offer a full breakfast (e.g. BEY and TLV's morning flights), albeit without bacon, for obvious reasons.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
ORD has now been thrown into the mix of East Coast USA. With a 20.55 departure and an arrival after 10am, I had hoped that the cooked breakfast would survive, but alas...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It is just the shorter overnight longhauls that don't offer the full breakfast in CW, notably East Coast USA and Canada. Some shorter longhauls do offer a full breakfast (e.g. BEY and TLV's morning flights), albeit without bacon, for obvious reasons.
Not obvious to me - an Englishman heading there would have all the more reason to enjoy his bacon before arrival.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
You can get BAcon (not of the Turkey variety), in Tel Aviv if you know where to go :-)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald

Interesting responses, and for completion and to see what we BA passengers maybe missing, here is the Hainan airlines lunch time meal CSX-PEK offered at the back of the plane. Must say was pretty impressed with the 2Chinese carriers I took on their short haul flights.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
@IntVic I watched a flight report on Hainan BC SYD-HAK just last week and I have to say I was blown away by both the hard and soft products & the service( even accounting for the FC going the extra mile for an established YTuber). Kind of put a lot of airlines to shame. The economy meal doesn't look too bad at all or at least I've definitely seen worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.