Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is redemption search failing for anyone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Trying to search for Avios redemption as well as Book & Upgrade - both timing out. Tried clearing cache and cookies, as well as incognito mode.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
I find the app often works when this happens to me
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by All She Wrote
I find the app often works when this happens to me
Ah nice - can you do Book & Upgrade on the app?
I'm trying to book a specific fare bucked (B) so I can use miles to upgrade on an AA-operated flight.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cubedweller
Ah nice - can you do Book & Upgrade on the app?
I'm trying to book a specific fare bucked (B) so I can use miles to upgrade on an AA-operated flight.
I don't believe so, I think only the standard search and reward flight finder
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It seems to be working OK for me, both for redemptions and Book and Upgrade via BA.com and Chrome, albeit starting from the sidebar in My Executive Club rather than the main screen shown above. It is fairly slow however, even by contemporary standards. Book and upgrade from B is usually fairly expensive, mind.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It seems to be working OK for me, both for redemptions and Book and Upgrade via BA.com and Chrome, albeit starting from the sidebar in My Executive Club rather than the main screen shown above. It is fairly slow however, even by contemporary standards. Book and upgrade from B is usually fairly expensive, mind.
Bizarre. I'm trying LHR-ORD out/back Sept 15-18 and it's timing out every single time.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by cubedweller
Bizarre. I'm trying LHR-ORD out/back Sept 15-18 and it's timing out every single time.
It's a USA specific problem - doesn't work on the app either. I've been trying for a week with no success.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Seems non-specific to me, I was getting that error message on any searches for flights to KUL and SIN yesterday, but today seems to be working again.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
It sounds odd but I find the error comes up when the 'From' box has defaulted itself to LHR. It has been changed to LHR London Heathow from the selection.

Last edited by LSunbury; Jun 29, 2018 at 6:04 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was doing a search for a CE flight for later in the year and all the dates were greyed out which was odd. Then I remembered seeing a post on here from someone who said refreshing the page worked for them. So I did that and availability showed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.