Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booked CX Award NYC-HKG-DPS / 24-Hour Stopover in HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Gold

I booked 2 Avios award seats in J NYC to DPS, changing in HKG. The CX flights offered only a 4.5 stop-over in HKG after the 15 1/2 hour fight from NYC. We'd like to stay for 24 hours.
CX shows a lot of availability the next day for the same NYC/HKG/DPS route, but absolutely no availability at any time in any class for just the HKG-DPS flight. The BA Exec Club agent told me that they could not arrange a stopover for me because CX shows no availability for just the HKG-DPS portion. And even if they could find some seats, they would have to cancel my entire booking and re-do it, with a fee for the change.
I'd appreciate any advice on how I might be able to arrange the 24-hour stopover. I could call CX directly, but since BA issued the award ticket I'm not sure they'll deal with me. Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by PHLesq
I booked 2 Avios award seats in J NYC to DPS, changing in HKG. The CX flights offered only a 4.5 stop-over in HKG after the 15 1/2 hour fight from NYC. We'd like to stay for 24 hours.
CX shows a lot of availability the next day for the same NYC/HKG/DPS route, but absolutely no availability at any time in any class for just the HKG-DPS flight. The BA Exec Club agent told me that they could not arrange a stopover for me because CX shows no availability for just the HKG-DPS portion. And even if they could find some seats, they would have to cancel my entire booking and re-do it, with a fee for the change.
I'd appreciate any advice on how I might be able to arrange the 24-hour stopover. I could call CX directly, but since BA issued the award ticket I'm not sure they'll deal with me. Thanks for any help.
Simple answer you cant. Unless CX release HKG-DPS reward space on the day you want, you have no other option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.