Wiki Posts
Search

BA App & Boarding Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:36 am
Original Poster

BA App & Boarding Pass

Hi there,
I've not used the BA app before, and I'm traveling to Ibiza next next from Edinburgh. I'm hand luggage only, so planned to just use my mobile to checkin and download my boarding pass. I've just looked at the BA website, and I could be reading it wrong, but am I right in thinking that I can't use the mobile app from Ibiza? Do I need to print anything out, or can I just show the booking on my phone to the check in agent?
Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC
You can use the app to check in, but you may not be able to download the BP. Some locations aren't yet that tech savvy to enable this. You can either get the boarding pass emailed to you or pick it up at a check in desk. I don't specifically know about Ibiza. Other will I'm sure.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BA (Gold)
According to the BA Website Ibiza isn't an airport that uses BA mobile boarding passes
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have some vague recollection of having to wait in a queue for a bp late last year and it may well have been IBZ returning on a BA cityflyer operated flight, so no mobile bp seems right.

As with most check-ins these days just hand your passport over and they can find you on the flight and issue a bp. No need to show the agent anything else.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone
It still makes me nervous not having anything printed out LOL but it's sooooooo much easier just having your phone.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Milliemoo
Thanks everyone
It still makes me nervous not having anything printed out LOL but it's sooooooo much easier just having your phone.
wait until your phone dies 😂

I always get a bp printed and issued

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.