Wiki Posts
Search

Our lines are currently busy ... goodbye

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Our lines are currently busy ... goodbye

I don't normally need to call BAEC ... but i'm trying to find out what taxes they charge on an EI reward flight (to compare with Avios.com) ... so just tried calling in the hopes of getting in before the lunchtime rush.

Only to be told "Thank you, we apologise as at present we are experiencing an extremely high number of calls and our lines are currently busy. For the latest information, or to change your travel plans please visit ba.com", and with that the call ended.

Is this normal ? When is a good time to call ?!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:53 am

Surely a case of nominative determinism given your username?
sgm, Paren, Takiteasy and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
A very approprate handle

This sounds like the system is overloaded and is disconnecting due to capacity rather than being hung up on so to speak, I normally call mid afternoon to early evening best for me.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Mid afternoon is better but I think BA are taking a lot more phone calls as the website is very flaky, which is an ongoing issue as reported here, Twitter etc. It's really not good.

Never mind a new carpet scent for TFW, get the website running properly please which would I think decrease waiting times as people could do bookings etc online.
makin'miles and missdimeaner like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Agreed, the website is absolutely awful at present.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
I wonder if a website blip is causing a mad panic amongst people who can’t find their bookings.

When I logged in to my account just now it told me - “We can't find any bookings for this account.” Luckily the app is showing all my booings correctly.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
I wonder if a website blip is causing a mad panic amongst people who can’t find their bookings.

When I logged in to my account just now it told me - “We can't find any bookings for this account.” Luckily the app is showing all my booings correctly.
Possibly and at least an explanation of sorts in lay persons terms by BA would go a long way.

OT but I sent you a Boo the other day when you trumped me in the Where Am I thread.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:20 am

The OP is based in the UK and likely called the UK number.

This occurs frequently on BA's North American numbers - likely about half the time I call, including on the number displayed online once I log into my account online (as a Gold member).

Fully agree that BA have to develop a far more sophisticated website that can handle a broader range of demands, including all UUA requests, all partner award bookings, cancellation rebookings etc.
OGG flyer likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
A website that actually recognised all origin and destination airport codes would be a start!
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find the new website seems slower that the last one. Every 3 or 4 times I try to access it stops working and tells me to call someone. I thought tech was supposed to make life easier and sometimes they even tell us we will all be replaced by computers.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
With the website playing up and attempted phone calls being terminated before we actually get to speak with anyone, I do think a radical step-change in interactve technology is called for.

The way forward is surely for BA to insist that all requests / queries be made in the form of a hand-written letter, sent by Royal Mail (ideally with First class postage), with full responses guaranteed no later than 30 days from date of receipt at BA HQ.
“Customers are asked to please write clearly and legibly, using a quill pen and good quality ink”
lizban and HMPS like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I suppose what the OP experienced is better than holding for hours, but it's pretty poor nonetheless. I imagine their lines are busy all the time.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am currently trying to get through on the Gold line and waiting over 20 minutes already, it's normally very fast I have to say so sounds like a lot of people are calling at the moment.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:03 am

Last week one of the IVR option was directing to a plumbing company and today it's just disconnecting with no other IVR option !

Maybe they got an IVR software upgrade and having issues with that
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother

Is there a new complaint feature in the app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.