Help wanted

Old Jun 27, 18, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Help wanted

Allthough i fly a lot i am still a newbe and struggling with a few questions i cannot find an answer for.

On september 22nd i want to take a flight from amsterdam to Miami and fly back on the 3rd of October.
Now i get a good rate on a Iberia flight in economy plus from amsterdam to Madrid and Madrid to Miami.
When I book that flight adding my BA membership number with Silverstatus, do i still have all perks like boarding group 2, lounge access and luggage weight up to 32kg?

Flight back is a full ba flight from Miami to Heathrow and then to Amsterdam. Can i uprade this flight booked through Expedia in economy plus to business class using Avios?

I know it might be newbe questions, but i still struggle with it.
Old Jun 27, 18, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Aadvantage now dormant
You should get the standard One World Sapphire benefits I think. Hereís the link One World FF Benefits

I canít answer the upgrade question but if you check out the stickies on spending Avios you may find the answer
Old Jun 27, 18, 2:23 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Seraglio View Post
Allthough i fly a lot i am still a newbe and struggling with a few questions i cannot find an answer for.

On september 22nd i want to take a flight from amsterdam to Miami and fly back on the 3rd of October.
Now i get a good rate on a Iberia flight in economy plus from amsterdam to Madrid and Madrid to Miami.
When I book that flight adding my BA membership number with Silverstatus, do i still have all perks like boarding group 2, lounge access and luggage weight up to 32kg?

Flight back is a full ba flight from Miami to Heathrow and then to Amsterdam. Can i uprade this flight booked through Expedia in economy plus to business class using Avios?

I know it might be newbe questions, but i still struggle with it.
As missdemeaner has stated, your BA silver status equates to Oneworld Sapphire, which retains all the benefits you'd expect. As well as their link, see also here: https://www.iberia.com/es/our-allian...yers-benefits/

For Upgrade Using Avios, see this post in the stickies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29235586-post7.html

The answer to your question seems to be that it's not possible if booked through a travel agent.
Old Jun 27, 18, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
For Upgrade Using Avios, see this post in the stickies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29235586-post7.html

The answer to your question seems to be that it's not possible if booked through a travel agent.
You can UuA TA bookings generally subject to a few conditions. However, the booking needs to be on a BA issued ticket so one starting 125-... (possibly not here as it's just IB flights) and the booking needs to only contain BA flights (definitely not here). So UuA woulb't be possible in this case through BA. I don't know if IB offer some kind of equivalent UuA possibility for their flights using avios so that may be something to check.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jun 27, 18, 2:55 am

Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG Plat
I'd just add here to what @KARFA said on the upgrades, Are you planning to buy an IB or BA ticket (different to the operating carrier) or a combination? This will help us advise.

If you are buying an IB ticket, IB just did a huge promotion that may mean award availability gets very tight in around a week, particularly on US routes. I don't know the ins and outs of IB upgrades, but this certainly won't help.
Old Jun 27, 18, 2:58 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
You can UuA TA bookings generally subject to a few conditions..
Yes, sorry, I should have written more clearly - I was summarizing the UuA post information meaning that it wouldn't be possible for the OP if they were on IB booked via a TA (per the post linked)

But I can see how my reply could be read as meaning any TA booking, which is not clearly not the case so thanks for pointing that out

ETA: I'm assuming this is all relevant to Avios held in a BAEC account, and if you have an Iberia account, there may be some similar upgrade scheme as KARFA suggests.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 28, 18, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanxs to all who gave answers. It took me some time to figure it out, and actually it worked out perfect.

i booked the flight from Amsterdam to Heatrow and then to Miami. Short flight in economy having exit row seats. The long flight in WT+ sitting on 12A and 12B for the misses.
same configuration on the outbound flight.
tickets cost me 740€ each and giving me somewhat over 14000 avios and 200 TP.
now i going to see if the flight Miami-Heathrow can be upgraded with Avios.

allthough, i am already happy with the current seating.
i will benefit from full silver privileges, and maybe just make it to gold before flying home.