Would You Book This?

Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Also AA have a history of lots of schedule changes so whilst I would book it I'd be looking at the booking on a Monday to see if it has changed - AA do schedule changes on a weekend.
+1
Downside: you need to be on top of your bookings, ideally using one of many apps to send a ping when AA fiddles with them. And check, often.
Upside: if they do, then ring them as the agents have (IME) a lot of freedom to rebook you any way that's remotely reasonable and sometimes they overdeliver (eg. once had them adjust the outbound which hadn't changed, as well as the return which they had retimed). It's a massive free option to play

At ORD, the Hilton was historically more than adequate, though I haven't been for a few years. It's directly opposite terminals. They used to run a "Christmas in July" sale as well. If you have time to go into town, subway directly below.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
We will arrive ORD around 1100 on AA. If they won't check our bags through to INV at MCO, can we drop bags off at T5 as soon as we arrive and is it logistically possible to go back to AA Flagship lounge at T3 to spend the afternoon before our BA flight to LHR?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You'll have a problem that BA desks don't open till approx 3 hours before scheduled departure so around 2pm for the 5pm flight. Exact times will be in MMB.

Can't answer your 2nd question but there is a thread about ORD on the AA board.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Sep 30, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by w3andw4d
We will arrive ORD around 1100 on AA. If they won't check our bags through to INV at MCO, can we drop bags off at T5 as soon as we arrive and is it logistically possible to go back to AA Flagship lounge at T3 to spend the afternoon before our BA flight to LHR?
I do not think that it is logistically possible to go to the AA lounge ; in order to enter the T3 gate area, you will need to show a boarding pass for a flight departing from that terminal in order to get into the queue for security

I think that you will need to wait until BA checkin desk opens and then use the T5 lounges
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you can bag drop at T5 at any time
on the day of your flight to INV.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes you can bag drop at T5 at any time
on the day of your flight to INV.
I don't think that BA has desks open at T5 in Chicago all day

It reads to me that the passenger is doing a T3 to T5 connection in Chicago en-route to UK
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I don't think that BA has desks open at T5 in Chicago all day

It reads to me that the passenger is doing a T3 to T5 connection in Chicago en-route to UK
Ah ok. misread.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by w3andw4d
Are these £1300 INV-ORD fares on all the time, or are they liable to increase substantially if I don't go for it imminently?
It has been around for a long while, and it is not too difficult to find availability if you are flexible on dates. However, it may or may not be forever

Given that you're in ABZ it's a good deal. There may be better origins than INV for others, but as far as I know, it's about as good as it gets for you. There used to be good deals for F on INV-LHR-ORD but it went away very quickly... not sure if we're going to see them again.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

In the hope of getting AA to through check our bags at MCO, should I still check in for our BA ORD-LHR flight as normal?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Helpful agent at MCO through checked our bags "because you are OWE we can do it ", so currently enjoying the Flagship lounge and will head over to T5 later.
Ldnn1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.