Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems booking reward flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java

Found availability in Flight Explorer IAH to LHR August 2018 (appears genuine via ExpertFlyer). Select "Choose and Continue", get to "We're checking availability and won't be long". After a minute or so get an error "There was a problem with your request, please try again later".

This has being going on for me since Sunday, anyone else experiencing this?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lotus918
Found availability in Flight Explorer IAH to LHR August 2018 (appears genuine via ExpertFlyer). Select "Choose and Continue", get to "We're checking availability and won't be long". After a minute or so get an error "There was a problem with your request, please try again later".

This has being going on for me since Sunday, anyone else experiencing this?
Yes. Seems to happen when I try to look for flights with origin USA or a return from the USA. I assume the search engine gets hung up looking for AA availability.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve not been able to search for Avios seats for the last few days. I called BA about it last night. The odd thing is that it works if I select a Companion Voucher, but that’s not much use for finding seats for just me. Not sure if this is coincidence or not, but the issue only started after I received my 2nd companion voucher. I have been searching for flights to the US. I’ve not actually tried any non-US destinations.

BA said their helpdsk was closed last night so I’ll call back later today.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Tried London to Paris for a random date in August and it works. Then tried IAH LHR with a companion voucher (as Airlineanorak suggested) and success (but I'm not looking for a companion).

Finally, in the unlikely event anyone from BA is reading this, the reward calculator isn't working either:

"We’re sorry but the Reward Flight Calculator is not available in your region"

Wonderful ...

Last edited by lotus918; Jun 26, 2018 at 12:17 am
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
Glad to see its not just me. I've been trying to book LAX-HNL all evening without success. I guess I just need to call. Ugh!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Airlineanorak
I’ve not been able to search for Avios seats for the last few days. I called BA about it last night. The odd thing is that it works if I select a Companion Voucher, but that’s not much use for finding seats for just me. Not sure if this is coincidence or not, but the issue only started after I received my 2nd companion voucher. I have been searching for flights to the US. I’ve not actually tried any non-US destinations.

BA said their helpdsk was closed last night so I’ll call back later today.
Since using a companion voucher forces the search to be for BA metal only, this verifies what I presume to be the same screw-up with partner airline availability. Something is seriously wrong when BA tries to show partner availability (AA or CX for sure) and it hangs up the BA search.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
I've had this too - although only on some routes. So for example I can get through to the 'choose flights' page if I select LHR from BOS, JFK, IAD etc but not if I try AUS and MSY. Not sure if there is a problem with those two.

BA Redemptionfinder says plenty of availability
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:39 am

Same problem here over the last couple of days trying to book LAX-OGG. Quite frustrating.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
I was successful calling the Singapore number last night. They were very helpful although the system crashed on them 3 times making it a 35 minute call. The more I think about it, maybe it's better to keep it phone only with the pending flood of Avios from the Iberia deal. At least until December 1st.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:26 am

Been getting an error message all day today, both on the website and app.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Same for me. BA on Twitter act like this is unique to me. Searching for BOS-LHR-BOS.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Still not working ...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
Still not working...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze
It’s been like it for weeks
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Have also had the same issue (error message when searching for reward flights). Been like this for a week or so for me, regardless of the browser or device that I search from. Anecdotally seems to be BAEC account specific - others I know can search and find availability without problem. Inconvenient and irritating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.