Lounge help at BHX

Old Jun 25, 18, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Lounge help at BHX

Firstly, apologies if this has already been answered - I did search but couldnít find a definite answer.

Iíve just booked a last minute week away (BHX - PMI leaving next Sunday). Myself, Mrs Tredders and 17 year old daughter are flying CE.

Itís been a while since Iíve flown from BHX, so Iím unsure as to the lounge situation. LoungeBuddy suggests that there are 2 lounges (Aspire and No 1 lounge), whereas the BA website gives me Iberia and Qatar. Iíve checked the lounge database here, and I can see No 1 lounge.

As a Gold EC member, and an Amex Platinum / PP holder, which lounges can we all get into (Iím the only one with EC status)? Oh, and if any kind soul can suggest the best one, Iíd be very grateful.

Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 18, 12:58 pm

As far as I understand, you would be able to access both the Aspire (IB, PP) and the No1 (QR, PP). Both lounges can get very crowded at times (the Aspire is used by AF/KL/LH etc.), food-wise they are both similar (even though the former has somewhat improved recently, with more variety compared to the days of soup, scones & bacon butties first in the morning - and that was it basically), the No1 has a few items to choose from the menu whereas the open buffet is very limited (nuts, cakes and possibly soup). I would probably go for the No1, which definitely feels more spacious compared to the other one together with the choices from the food menu making it a better choice on the whole.

G
Tredders likes this.
Old Jun 25, 18, 3:41 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Gold, HHonors Silver, Big White Season Pass
No1 lounge is the better of the two IMO
DanAirLondon and Tredders like this.
Old Jun 26, 18, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Thanks both for the replies.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: