Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where has all the CX Avios availability gone?

Where has all the CX Avios availability gone?

Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
Availability seems indeed back, but if I look for direct flights only, say HKG-LHR, I see no flights available, while if I search, say, PEN-LHR on the same dates, I see there are CX flights PEN-HKG-LHR. Same departing europe. Has always been this way?
I only recently took interest in CX long haul, so I have no experience about it.

I thought to call tomorrow BA and see if I can have just the direct long haul without the short sector, hoping it will work.
Might be married segment availability as opposed to a BA.com problem?

Does anyone know if CX apply married segment logic to their award bookings?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Virazuno

That was exactly my doubt.
I hope not... or at least that they allow different classes between the LH and the SH flights. I am afraid I'll not have enough avios for the entire trip...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by Virazuno

I do not think they used to prior to 6/22 but today I have seen married segments limiting award space for longhaul J segments ex US unless married with an inter Asia segment.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It appears to be a matter of married segments indeed
Bummer...

At least it's possible to book separate classes for each flight on the phone.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I'm not getting any HKG-EUR availability showing in premium classes at all, and with 14 destinations to work through I've always managed to secure seats before when it's this far out (early May).

A few weeks ago I booked my outbound to Oz no problem. I've had to book an inbound with HKG-BCN in Y, hoping something changes in the meantime.

AA cannot see any availability either - I called them yesterday and worked through all the above because this is a trip using AA miles.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Azure
Can't see any Philippines to HK availability that was there a few weeks ago on any day from either Cebu or Manilla
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: dont care anymore
AM is confirmed to be giving priority currently to its own members on MUCH MUCH space. Hopefully this does not last but if you were like me and redeemed BA on CX for J at 355 days out, I might be looking for a new program.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am convinced there is something very wrong with CX/KA reward availability being shown on ba.com atm.

There is massively less availability showing for all dates (both within the next 1-2 months and 9-11 months ahead) for all non-stop routes served by CX/KA. What is interesting is if you search for the same dates and have a different starting point so you look for AAA-HKG-BBB all of a sudden there is reward availability on the HKG-BBB flight you actually want. CX/KA has had married reward availability before so there is nothing new there. But it seems the balance has now completely shifted so there is very little for non-connecting rewards, and plenty for connecting rewards. Either this is a deliberate policy by CX/KA (has anyone who books via other oneworld FFPs or via AsiaMiles noted the same?), or there is something wrong in how CX/KA are reporting reward availability to ba.com and/or how ba.com is displaying it.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
I am convinced there is something very wrong with CX/KA reward availability being shown on ba.com atm.
There does seem to have been a pull back, even from last week, when I booked a bus class award from BKK to HKG.

Plenty of availability then, none now...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:51 pm
bcx

Can I find/book CX (or multiple partner) connecting flights on the BA Avios site?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bcx
Can I find/book CX (or multiple partner) connecting flights on the BA Avios site?
if it is something like AAA-HKG-BBB then you should be able to search and book these online. Check each sector individually and as a whole itinerary.

also be careful with multi-partner rewards if they are shortish flights, the amount needed in terms of avios for multi partner rewards is quite high (although can be advantageous if you are connecting a several longer flights). there is more information on multi partner rewards in the spending avios sticky.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:38 pm
bcx

Originally Posted by KARFA
if it is something like AAA-HKG-BBB then you should be able to search and book these online. Check each sector individually and as a whole itinerary.

also be careful with multi-partner rewards if they are shortish flights, the amount needed in terms of avios for multi partner rewards is quite high (although can be advantageous if you are connecting a several longer flights). there is more information on multi partner rewards in the spending avios sticky.
Does the Avios site have a way to enter multiple cities? I only see From and To.

I'm looking to fly HKG-NRT-YYZ. Looking at this separately I don't see anything for HKG-NRT.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Seems the issue of CX availability shows no sign of being resolved.

Does anyone know how to get this communicated up the food chain so it might be addressed?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:21 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by wb1969
Does anyone know how to get this communicated up the food chain so it might be addressed?
Patricia Hwang https://lifewelltravelled.cathaypaci...atricia-hwang/ must have overdosed on her Mariage tea https://www.mariagefreres.com/UK/1-m...rench_tea.html. Have Hogg call an ambulance to take her to North Lantau Hospital to have her stomach pumped.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL, GFL, SQ PPS, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
I also can't see any CX reward seats for HKG-SIN in December. Normally there would be plenty. Called the Gold line and was told zero availability. Very strange

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.