T3/T5 connection - two bookings

Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
T3/T5 connection - two bookings

Have had to change some plans to head to a memorial service in the US on the back of a work trip. So unfortunately my Friday looks like the early flight Bilbao to LHR T3, with a 2.5 hours to transfer and a flight to the US from T5.

I am planning on travelling HBO but thought Id check for the latest wisdom here. Is there any chance if I check a case in Bilbao they will transfer it to the long haul at LHR? Im assumimg that there is not enough time to go landslide and recheck at LHR so had ruled that out. any thoughts welcome!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Expatbear
Have had to change some plans to head to a memorial service in the US on the back of a work trip. So unfortunately my Friday looks like the early flight Bilbao to LHR T3, with a 2.5 hours to transfer and a flight to the US from T5.

I am planning on travelling HBO but thought Id check for the latest wisdom here. Is there any chance if I check a case in Bilbao they will transfer it to the long haul at LHR? Im assumimg that there is not enough time to go landslide and recheck at LHR so had ruled that out. any thoughts welcome!
Sorry for your bereavement. And no, typically, they will say no. You can always ask and there is always of course "a chance" through checking will be allowed but the default answer is no, by far the highest probability is no, and that is unfortunately what you should assume.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
OK Thanks orbitmic. I'll assume that and plan on HBO.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Sorry to hear of the circumstances necessitating your change of plans. These are the kinds of changes that make this policy ridiculous. Sorry, but if you fly with BA, you should be prepared for them to refuse through checking over multiple tickets. Even BA to BA.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
It’s highly likely, in your case, that it’s have been cheaper to start the long haul in BIO and abandon the return leg of the work trip. Is that an option?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.