Wiki Posts
Search

ORC on AA/BA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
ORC on AA/BA

I booked a return ticket to the US via AA, with the transatlantic legs on BA, the rest on AA. ticket number is a 125 one.

On my return, I was flying via ORD, YYZ to get back, and at the start of my journey was told everything was delayed, so was put on an earlier flight to ORD, but in coach as no 1st available. (My bag stayed on the original flight and made it to ORD, and to YYZ).

I was told I could keep my seat on the later flight in 1st, and miss my connection, or switch to the earlier delayed flight in coach and stand a better chance of making it. Reading the Original Routing Credit thread, looks like AA can be difficult in awarding ORC - is it worth applying, or is it routinely rejected? am guessing any sort of refund is out of the question - given it is just one hop of a much longer journey?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
ORC on AA / BA mixed tickets works, I've never had a problem when IROPS interrupts journey.

As for the downgrade, am having trouble ascertaining where you were downgraded and by which airline. Will divert to someone with more experience in that area.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by YacozA
As for the downgrade, am having trouble ascertaining where you were downgraded and by which airline. Will divert to someone with more experience in that area.
The downgrade was by AA at the start of my journey, as they wanted to ensure I got to the BA flight in time. The downgrade was essentially AA gate agent saying I would miss the BA flight unless I switched to the earlier AA flight where 1st was already full.

Wwhilst I am happy i made the connection, would rather get the 40 TP than just 10!

thanks for help!
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 35711
The downgrade was by AA at the start of my journey, as they wanted to ensure I got to the BA flight in time. The downgrade was essentially AA gate agent saying I would miss the BA flight unless I switched to the earlier AA flight where 1st was already full.

Wwhilst I am happy i made the connection, would rather get the 40 TP than just 10!

thanks for help!
You should call BAEC. I got credit when an SH AA flight was cancelled due to weather and I took a bus to make the LH AA flight the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.