BA Not Showing CX Award Availability

Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:51 am
Original Poster

CX Awards Blocked

Is anyone else having issues finding CX availability on BA.com to HKG in two months as there seems to be availability when checking the QF site but nothing showing on BA.com which was showing at the start of the week?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Known problem
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA & A3 - Silver and fading
Seeing "False" Availability

Originally Posted by Premgenius
Is anyone else having issues finding CX availability on BA.com to HKG in two months as there seems to be availability when checking the QF site but nothing showing on BA.com which was showing at the start of the week?
I am having a related problem.

I am seeing availability for the route I am checking (HKG-KUL) on BA.com and I am checking almost every day and that availability is changing regularly but whenever I call BA to book it (it is a change to an existing reward booking and cannot be done online) the call centre cannot see the availability that is listed on BA.com.

This has been going on for 4 weeks now and I am seeing the "False" availability dwindling on the date I need. An AwardNexus search is pulling up the same availability on CX/JL and QF as BA.com but it is still not able to be found by a BA call centre agent.

I should add I am still T-30+ to departure date.

Last edited by Baracus; Jun 8, 2018 at 5:22 am Reason: addition
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
As with many similar threads, I think the advice of calling BA for availability applies here.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firemin
Thanks will keep an eye on the thread and post in there
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:26 pm

BA Not Showing CX Award Availability

Since last night, I've been unable to see CX award availability on the BA website. I've looked for a thread addressing this problem without success. Can anyone either shed some light on this matter, or, direct me to a thread dealing with it? Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:44 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
CX Asia Miles has just changed over to a new redemption chart and the system was down yesterday on its first day. CX had to bring it down after its initial release - I’m sure there are teething issues. So it’s likely that integration to partner sites is broken.
BeeNYC likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
CX rewards vanished

I guess this has to do with not-very-welcome changes to the Marco Polo Club. Anyone tried booking through BAEC call centre or are CX awards off-limits until further notice?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I guess this has to do with not-very-welcome changes to the Marco Polo Club. Anyone tried booking through BAEC call centre or are CX awards off-limits until further notice?
Just to provide information about my own experience, I tried booking HKG-PEN for April 2019 this week. There was lots of availability showing on ba.com pre-22 June 2018. There is still a lot of availability showing on Asia Miles. Tried my luck calling BAEC - they said they could see the flights but were not able to book using Avios.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BA silver,
I had been looking for return HKG- Hanoi flights in December for several weeks now but could see nothing. I now have another trip planned for
March 2019 and last week found reasonable availability in Y but not J.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by as38
Just to provide information about my own experience, I tried booking HKG-PEN for April 2019 this week. There was lots of availability showing on ba.com pre-22 June 2018. There is still a lot of availability showing on Asia Miles. Tried my luck calling BAEC - they said they could see the flights but were not able to book using Avios.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome in particular to the BA forum as38, where we are always pleased to see new people joining up with us here. I hope that we will also hear more from you in the future. I suspect that given this is some time off whatever the problem is will be fixed by then. There is more on the subject at the end of this thread too:
Book CX flight using Avios

I can see MAS flights via KUL, One other option would be to book something like PEN-HKG-TPE, assuming it is a one way trip and you OK visa wise to go hypothetically to TPE. Should PEN-HKG show up correctly in the future then you can drop the HKG-TPE sector for the Ł35 redeposit fee, and get the excess Avios refunded.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
If it’s any help, I have just managed book HKG - TPE in J for October, there was lots of availability for both classes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.