Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Should I be worried about CE seat availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

We're a party of 2 travelling CE from BUD-LHR in 2 weeks. There is currently only 6A/C available as a pair; rows 1 and 2 are marked "blocked" on ExpertFlyer and the other rows have single seats taken.

Should we cut our losses and pay for 6A/C reservation so that we don't risk being split across the aisle, or might rows 1 and 2 open up nearer to departure?

FWIW, one of us is Bronze and the other is just Blue. Thanks for any advice!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Though I can't guarantee anything, personally I really would not bother. Not only will row 1 and 2 open up at some point, but also they may well push the curtain back. Usually CE passengers do get a reasonable seat selection, and in any case at one week you get more choice when your Bronze seat selection opens up.. Moreover as you pass via Theoretical Seating and OLCI, there will be multiple other options for seat selection. Just remember not to print or download a boarding pass until the last moment, if you don't get the seat arrrangement you want.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Row 1 will be blocked for Golds presently, and will be opened up to other passengers around 72 hours before the flight.

Not sure why Row 2 would be blocked at this time.

​​​​​​Personally, I'd wait until T-7 days and select for free as Bronze, and then review at T-72 hours as Row 1 could be still empty at that point
oceanscape likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Even if split across the aisle (as long as you are in the same row) you will only be a matter of a few centimetres further apart than you would be if you were in A/C or D/F anyway...
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
thanks everyone; just to update, we waited for today (t-7 days) and 6A/C was still available so we reserved for free. Interestingly, the front seats have still not opened up. 6A/C or two across the aisle were the only options.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape
Interestingly, the front seats have still not opened up.
As mentioned above rows 1 and 2 will open up to you T-72hrs prior to departure if not already selected by golds/silvers.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by charlieboy77
As mentioned above rows 1 and 2 will open up to you T-72hrs prior to departure if not already selected by golds/silvers.

In that case my recent OpReq movement I got in an email about last week for next sunday LGW-SEV from 5AC up to 2AC might end up coming back to haunt me then as Im only a lowly blue after just moving to BA. Now I fear that even though it was BA who moved us ( 2AC were blocked when we booked and paid a couple months ago) 2AC will get given to those with higher status ( and fair enough to them imo) and we'll get bumped and split up even though we'd paid for our initial 5th row seats to make sure that didnt happen. There was me thinking they were being nice as I've got a total of 12 flights ( 9 of them holidays/ working hols) booked this year and will be hitting Silver in under 6 months. Fingers crossed I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.