Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL London Event 27 June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Would be very interesting to get his views on the staff survey results if there is a Q&A?
johnaalex likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
GGL London Event 27 June

Anyone else going? And any thoughts from anyone as to what to raise with BA senior management (obviously I have a few ideas of my own)? And for those who have been before one little thing: it says "business attire". Do they really expect me to wear a tie? I am a technology lawyer. I hate ties
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Still awaiting my invite. Have they reached the D list yet and plumbed the depths to my level?!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Originally Posted by hsmall
Anyone else going? And any thoughts from anyone as to what to raise with BA senior management (obviously I have a few ideas of my own)? And for those who have been before one little thing: it says "business attire". Do they really expect me to wear a tie? I am a technology lawyer. I hate ties
As a mere GCH I wont get an invite - but I'd appreciate if someone was prepared to riase the subject of the web site [again]. The recent makeover has, IMHO, been a real backward step - it may work well on mobile devices, I've no idea, but it is dreadfull on my large screen laptop, which is my standard access to all things web related. Quite aside from the broken features and error messages, the whole payout and text/graphic sizing results in very little information transfer to me, the user, without a ridiculous amount of scrolling up/down.

PS : My "business attire" does not include a tie either. I'd just read it to mean Jeans, T-shirts and trainers are best avoided.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
As a mere GCH I wont get an invite - but I'd appreciate if someone was prepared to riase the subject of the web site [again]. The recent makeover has, IMHO, been a real backward step - it may work well on mobile devices, I've no idea, but it is dreadfull on my large screen laptop, which is my standard access to all things web related. Quite aside from the broken features and error messages, the whole payout and text/graphic sizing results in very little information transfer to me, the user, without a ridiculous amount of scrolling up/down.

PS : My "business attire" does not include a tie either. I'd just read it to mean Jeans, T-shirts and trainers are best avoided.
I could hazard a guess as to why the site performs so poorly, several, I suppose. It is a bit sad, as it's likely to have required a huge investment and the outcome is just mediocre. Happens a lot, unfortunately, but it will stay as it is for a while, 'cause changing some of the decisions that are likely to be at the root of the problems is just too difficult at this point, another redesign probably.

Properly speaking, business attire requires a tie. Having not been before I've no idea how strictly they use this term wrt traditional meanings, where I work if it's business it's tie. What you quote is probably best defined as business casual, although this term is not a proper dress code, where I work it basically means what you said, no jeans t-shirts etc.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
I could hazard a guess as to why the site performs so poorly, several, I suppose. It is a bit sad, as it's likely to have required a huge investment and the outcome is just mediocre. Happens a lot, unfortunately, but it will stay as it is for a while, 'cause changing some of the decisions that are likely to be at the root of the problems is just too difficult at this point, another redesign probably.

Properly speaking, business attire requires a tie. Having not been before I've no idea how strictly they use this term wrt traditional meanings, where I work if it's business it's tie. What you quote is probably best defined as business casual, although this term is not a proper dress code, where I work it basically means what you said, no jeans t-shirts etc.
well, they're not getting a tie from me - I am their customer. They will get a suit; and tie-less respectable shirt.

I agree that the site performs very badly. I personally was more than content with it before they started mucking around with it a year or so ago!

I also intent to mention the painfully slow rollout of wifi which really makes my life and stress levels higher.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
well, they're not getting a tie from me - I am their customer. They will get a suit; and tie-less respectable shirt.

I agree that the site performs very badly. I personally was more than content with it before they started mucking around with it a year or so ago!

I also intent to mention the painfully slow rollout of wifi which really makes my life and stress levels higher.
No need to wear a tie at these things IMO. What you are planning sounds fine.

I would be interested in hearing how well management feel the customer service (including social media) and service recovery parts of the business are functioning. I can chip in some examples if the question needs more back up, but am thinking both of the bigger events and broad gestures (IT meltdown, big weather events, TLV mistake fare etc) and also the day to day. I feel a consistent theme is well intentioned initiatives and responses fall down through poorly resourced execution.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc

Not saying you should, just being picky this is def an occasion where I would take dress code with a pinch of salt.

I struggle with the redesign. It's something I am involved in for a living, I know how difficult it can be and that it is something you more or less have to do these days. The aim is to drive more and more convergence between different platforms (mobile, laptops etc) and to increase re-usability of the infrastructure that supports them as well as providing a more consistent experience. It is not easy with the kind of legacy BA has and is a big change which is hard to do when you have systematically dis-invested in your IT for years.

Someone who worked in my org went over to BA about 18 months ago to work on this kind of stuff and promptly left a year later. That is not a good sign of what may be happening behind the scenes. The performance of the site is really bad right now and the JS code is frying my CPU, so yes, we have a problem
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
James Hillier does exist
tedcruz likes this.

Last edited by wmaciej; Jun 28, 2018 at 4:50 am
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by wmaciej
James Hiller does exist
Surely you mean “That Nice Mr Hiller”

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Jun 27, 2018 at 1:48 pm
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Apparently no avios devaluation coming up. I should have recorded it though...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Can someone please give those absent or not worthy of being invited a rundown of th preceding's last night?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tedcruz
Can someone please give those absent or not worthy of being invited a rundown of th preceding's last night?
I wasn't able to attend this one - but when I am, I also try to keep any conversations at these events relatively under wraps.

I like that fact that in the main, the senior managers at BA can be quite honest and open in these situations and I would hate for there to be an edict to "keep any conversations to published policy" in case BA starts to get worried that any comments would get published on social media, possibly out of context.

I remember when Frank vdP first mentioned partner cards for GGLs at a lunch I was at maybe 6 years ago. I was very pleased that this stayed under wraps until properly announced.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I thought it was a well executed event. Whilst the venue was not one I recognised or had been to, it was pleasant - indoor area with bar, plus outdoor terrace area with bar and very green/garden-like. There were around 100 people there. There was an array of senior-ish BA staff there, including: head of branding & marketing, director of customer experience, head of premium services at LHR, head of customer experience at LGW, head of eurofleet crew, LCY airport manager, head of executive club etc. All wanted to engage and all wanted feedback. I think these people are far more interesting to meet, since they are the actual decision-makers.

There was a display of new CW catering, White Company bedding, gin tasting, and sampling of F and CW wines. The champagne being served was Henriot. Food was bowl food. There was a brief, 10 minute, presentation from head of branding & marketing, on things we all already know about, no new announcements were made.

In conversation with various BA staff members, I picked up various things. I will share the non-controversial things:

- Potential expansion of premium Jaguar car transfer service to include international to international flights
- Further (more minor) improvements being made to First Wing, for example carpet and scent
- Acknowlgement that next generation CW seat is critical development for the airline
- Genuine pride in the new CW service proposition
- Genuine pride in the updated CCR, the three of us passengers laughed/quickly expressed that it was not much of an improvement and further work required!
- Potential expansion of mid/long haul routes from LCY, in future, depending on aircraft purchasing choices
- Desire for fast track security at LCY, but some challenges here
- Recognition that BoB roll-out had not been perfect

It was slated to run from 6.30pm to 8.30pm, but wrapped up around 9.30pm.

Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by brightstar100
... In conversation with various BA staff members, I picked up various things. I will share the non-controversial things: ...
Thanks for the feedback, but this is FlyerTalk and we thrive on controversy - spill o bright one, earn your star and spill!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.