Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA cancelled [May 2019] LAS BA0271!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:19 am
Original Poster

BA cancelled [May 2019] LAS BA0271!!

We had an F redemption booking for LAS 8th May 2019 flying out at 1225 arriving at 1510. Perfect timing to make most of our time there (only 3 nights).
BA has now cancelled the booking/flight & moved us to F on 0275 leaving at 1640.
Why would this happen & is there anything that can be done, or just suck it up?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Suck it up unless you want to re-route indirect on the early LAX flight and connect, which incidentally will get you there about an hour earlier ?

You'll get a depart from T5 if this is your choice, however I'd stick to T3 direct if not TP hunting….
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Suck it up unless you want to re-route indirect on the early LAX flight and connect, which incidentally will get you there about an hour earlier ?

You'll get a depart from T5 if this is your choice, however I'd stick to T3 direct if not TP hunting….
Personally I would take F via LAX as part of the F experience is the CCR which is only in T5 and also if you do it right the F on the A380 is pretty good.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by Bophopper
is there anything that can be done
What are you expecting to be done? Are you able to move your dates to day where there is a flight with a more "convenient-to-you" schedule and award availability? If so, it doesn't cost anything to call BA and ask to change. If you want to keep your dates, start looking by yourself for an itineraray that matches your own requirement (duration of the journey, take-off/landing times..) and try to switch.

By booking a flight almost a year in advance, you really can't be sure the schedule will stay the same...
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
It's a redemption so tier points are the same on any routing (zero).

You could try for a rerouting via LAX if you don't want the later flight.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Contrary to the advice given above, I'd stick with the direct flight on the BA275. I like the 747 and I'd much prefer not to have to transfer in the USA if I could possibly help it. The Cathay F lounge is a very nice way to start a trip and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to use T5 just because of the Concorde room. The BA275 typically arrives just after 7pm local time so a good time to get to your hotel or indeed have a night out in LAS.
stewaran likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I slightly disagree with Mike P - the 7pm arrival can be late (although I guess any flight can...) as T3 performance is under par. If a short 2/3 day hop arriving at 3pm and leaving on the 9.30pm service makes for fairly full days...
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
If I'd already booked the early LAS flight I'd probably want to maximise my time at the destination, hence LHR-LAX-LAS would work very well. The lounges would be a bonus but you'd also get a better F product (BA283 presumably being on an A380).

Lounges wouldn't really factor into it.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The early 283 LHR-LAX tends to be 747 all year now, perhaps depending on timing of LAX-LAS consider the 281 on the 789 for a great day time experience
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
If I'd already booked the early LAS flight I'd probably want to maximise my time at the destination, hence LHR-LAX-LAS would work very well. The lounges would be a bonus but you'd also get a better F product (BA283 presumably being on an A380).

Lounges wouldn't really factor into it.
Looks like the 747 will still be operating the 283 but I agree I would take any chance I could get to do F in the A380 over the 747.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
If arrival time is the priority there would be a connection through DFW (777) arriving at 1539.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a lot that could change over this timespan. I would get something vaguely palatable, not invest too much time on it, but then keep an eye on the booking. The service could be restored at any time, but I guess it would be unlikely after February 2019. Why does this happen? Normal fleet planning, all airlines do it, BA's timetable is more static than some aairlines one could name.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:07 am

BA are increasing there LGW-LAS service from 3 to 5 x weekly for S19

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.