Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was through SEA in May - AA ticketed (on AA flight). I did enquire at the AS lounge whether I could have access, but access was very politely declined.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Why are you looking specifically for Alaska Lounge access? Oneworld's website says there's a BA Club Lounge in SEA, and your same-day business class ticket should qualify you for access.
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SEA
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:38 am

AA to Ord at 13:35; BA lounge probably only opens mid afternoon for 19:25 departure (only flight of the day.).
Thanks for all replies; I will just have to catch up in the ORD Flagship lounge.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Ask at the AA FC check in counter in SEA. If you have oneworld status, be sure to remind them as well as point out the BA TATL business class segment.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Ask at the AA FC check in counter in SEA. If you have oneworld status, be sure to remind them as well as point out the BA TATL business class segment.
But there is no AA lounge so what would you expect the AA check in agent to do? The AS lounge is for paid Admiral's Club members only.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
Why are you looking specifically for Alaska Lounge access? Oneworld's website says there's a BA Club Lounge in SEA, and your same-day business class ticket should qualify you for access.
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SEA
It doesn't - been in same situation as the OP with an boarding pass for a BA flight out of ORD, they won't let you in,. Earlier in the day the BA lounge is (well was, it has been some time I have passed through SEA), the lounge is used by other International Carriers that fly out of the S Gates.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
At this time of the year BA has an earlier SEA-LHR flight #52 which departs at 1:30 pm. The BA lounge is in the South Satellite and AA operates from the D concourse.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
BA lounge access in SEA

My wife and I are Flying in JL today in C and was just denied access to the BA lounge in Seattle. They would only allow entrance with Oneworld status which I don’t have. I believe they were in the wrong according to the Oneworld lounge access rules. Am I correct?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
A business class ticket does give access to any OW lounge. If they denied you access specifically because you lacked a OW status then they were wrong as access can only be denied due to capacity restrictions.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
That’s what I thought. I even showed the club manager the rules on the Oneworld website. I think I’m going to file a complaint with the station manager.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
If you have a Platinum AMEX card then there's a Centurion lounge at SEA which may be the only other option. As an FYI, PP isn't accepted at the AS lounges at SEA.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The SEA BA lounge regularly denies access to those flying other OW carriers due to capacity. Also in the past, in the morning the BA lounge was operated as a contract lounge for another carrier. See this thread:
Seattle Lounges
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
Restarting this thread rather than a new one: I'm looking at flying LHR-SEA-DEN. This will be BA on the first leg, Alaska on the second. Will I have access to either the BA or Alaska lounge at SEA as BAEC silver? (I'm flying W)
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Alaska is not in OW. They have an agreement to allow AA FFs into their lounges based on status but, AFAIK, not BAEC.

I do not think when flying domestic you can get to the BA lounge.

So when I have flown through Seattle I have had no lounge access based on BAEC status. I have used the Priority Pass lounges.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by watersign
Restarting this thread rather than a new one: I'm looking at flying LHR-SEA-DEN. This will be BA on the first leg, Alaska on the second. Will I have access to either the BA or Alaska lounge at SEA as BAEC silver? (I'm flying W)
Simple answer is no on the outbound, yes on the return.

BA flights currently land at 1130 and 1715.
BA lounge is open 10-13 and 15-18, so by the time that you’ve disembarked, it will be essentially closing and, although in theory you’d have access having arrived on BA, I’d expect a no.

Alaska don’t current afford BAEC members membership based on Elite status and given your travelling on W, it is unlikely; I have found the SEA lounge particularly unwilling to bend the rules, and they don’t even allow those who upgrade their tickets to Business access.

On the return, you will have access to the BA lounge.

As previosuly mentioned, you can use other methods to access other lounges (paid for, priority pass etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.