Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Seattle Lounges

Does anyone know wether it’s possible to access the International South Satellite to use the BA lounge when flying domestically from SEA? Or if not are One World elites eligible to use the Alaskan Lounge in Concource C in the absence of an admirals club ?
Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The SEA lounge is only open for the 3 hours around the BA flight(s) and as far as I know they are loathed to take in non BA passengers. The lounge is accessible, however. Unfortunately AS don't allow access to their lounges except on AA's terms, which means a Sapphire travelling domestically isn't going to get access unless there is some other factor at play. AS does accept Priority Pass but there are regular reports of AS not allowing PP cards during peak hours.
AA at SEA - no lounge if BAEC.
ThrowingBoeing likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I think it should be possible as you can stay airside. I came in from Portland on Delta and went on the little train-shuttle to the S gates (there are two different trains ) where the BA lounge(s) is. I was way too early for my flight BA52, so went downstairs and used the other lounge, using my Priority Pass. BA opens at 9.30 am for the BA52 and then again later on for the second flight.

Pretty poor/average lounge IMHO and the "First" lounge is just a room in the same lounge with a door and no different food/drink. (actually NO drink - you need to go back outside to get to the cupboard bar to get a glass of anything. I didn't bother as it was too early in the day

wj
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:23 am

If you have an Amex Platinum there is a Centurion Studio lounge near the entry to the arm of B-gates.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Pretty poor/average lounge IMHO and the "First" lounge is just a room in the same lounge with a door and no different food/drink. (actually NO drink - you need to go back outside to get to the cupboard bar to get a glass of anything. I didn't bother as it was too early in the day
wj
I was there last year flying on the BA48 at 19:15 and there was a rather effficient watress service for drinks in the F section, but maybe that is only for the late flight?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
The BA lounges in Seattle are just Meh. Specifically the First lounge is same-same as the (larger) Business lounge. Subpar.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, Sky Team Silver, Star Alliance Silver
I posted the same query here a couple of years ago, and there were stories from a couple of responders who had talked their way into the Alaska lounge at SEA with their BA gold card, but it's definitely not their usual practice. It seems to be a matter of who happens to be minding the shop at the time.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ThrowingBoeing
Does anyone know wether it’s possible to access the International South Satellite to use the BA lounge when flying domestically from SEA? Or if not are One World elites eligible to use the Alaskan Lounge in Concource C in the absence of an admirals club ?
Thanks
BA Lounge - no. Earlier in the day the lounge is run as a contract lounge to other Long Haul flights. But regardless, during BA opening hours, they won't let anyone in who isn't flying on the departing BA flights.
Alaskan Lounge - no, if you are a BAEC card holder you get no access even if you are flying domestic J or F. Flying transcontinental in a premium cabin might be the exception, which others will know if that is the case.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by awestphal
The BA lounges in Seattle are just Meh. Specifically the First lounge is same-same as the (larger) Business lounge. Subpar.
They serve better wine in the First Lounge, well at least they did a few years back.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
BA Lounge - no. Earlier in the day the lounge is run as a contract lounge to other Long Haul flights. But regardless, during BA opening hours, they won't let anyone in who isn't flying on the departing BA flights.
Alaskan Lounge - no, if you are a BAEC card holder you get no access even if you are flying domestic J or F. Flying transcontinental in a premium cabin might be the exception, which others will know if that is the case.
Surely BA can't turn customers away if they fulfil One world Criteria for lounge access. i.e. Oneworld operated and marketed, same day flight and appropriate OW status or cabin?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Surely BA can't turn customers away if they fulfil One world Criteria for lounge access. i.e. Oneworld operated and marketed, same day flight and appropriate OW status or cabin?
Unfortunately they will do exactly this, citing capacity issues, which they are technically entitled to do so.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingGames
Unfortunately they will do exactly this, citing capacity issues, which they are technically entitled to do so.
Wow is capacity really an issue in the lounge or are they just trying to stop the masses of AA elites from using the lounge in the absence of admirals club? Then again with AA having an agreement with Alaskan is that really an issue.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Wow is capacity really an issue in the lounge or are they just trying to stop the masses of AA elites from using the lounge in the absence of admirals club? Then again with AA having an agreement with Alaskan is that really an issue.
As per above it's generally serving exactly one flight, and is sized appropriately. I don't think a single extra pax such as yourself would cause it to overspill, but if they allowed all your peers in it probably would.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
As per above it's generally serving exactly one flight, and is sized appropriately. I don't think a single extra pax such as yourself would cause it to overspill, but if they allowed all your peers in it probably would.
That's fair enough but I can't help but feel its very poor on One World as a whole not to have an appropriate lounge in an airport which handles over 45 million pax per year ( Busiest 30 in the world) considering BA have two flights per day and AA fly to 10 or so destinations domestically.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Buzzz
I posted the same query here a couple of years ago, and there were stories from a couple of responders who had talked their way into the Alaska lounge at SEA with their BA gold card, but it's definitely not their usual practice. It seems to be a matter of who happens to be minding the shop at the time.

That's probably even more unlikely now. The AS lounges regularly hit capacity and they'll cut off access to Priority Pass... even if you are flying AS. Everything is overcrowded at SEA now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.