Maldives club reward availability

Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Maldives club reward availability

Cant remember if there is a big thread for reward availability help, couldnt find it - if there is please merge.

Started having a look for MLE reward availability in CW, its been a while since i've booked anything so not sure if im doing something wrong, but it looks like for the year ahead there is literally no seats at all. Trying to book using the 2-4-1 companion voucher.

I know availability has always been notoriously sparse, but i wouldn't think there was literally no days available. Is this right or am i doing something wrong?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There are two Club World Reward seats available for every flight 355 days ahead. Beyond that there’s no guarantee and often no availability.

Here’s the thread you want to refresh yourself with

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

And here to book

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
For such a popular route you’ll need to book 355 days ahead and be up at midnight or 1am to do it. You can book the outbound first online then phone, again at 1 am to add the return as you are using a 2-41.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:49 pm

Worth mentioning the LGW-MLE-LGW route is seasonal and operates November - March only.
It is entirely possible that all 2018/19 season redemption space has gone already. It is also an extremely premium heavy route and rarely attracts additional redemption space being made available because all seats will likely be sold up front.

If MLE with BA is set in stone its worth considering either planning ahead for the 2019/20 season and to nab redemption space as/when they are released 355 days before flight departure or using your avios with a oneworld partner airline in order to get there. Sri Lankan via Columbo, or Qatar via Doha are your logical alternatives here but Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong may also work for you. You won't be able to redeem your companion voucher however when selecting other carriers.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:58 am

As Highpeaklad states (and from personal experience) the J seats go within a few seconds of opening up – I wouldn’t be surprised if this route is about as hard is it gets to grab J seats on Avios/Amex given half the plane will likely be full of honeymooners

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.