Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick Butter

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Gatwick Butter

Ok, so this may not range in the top problems ever for the BA board, but here goes: I usually order a vegetarian meal on BA, and on Heathrow flights this always means I get the butter that comes with the standard meals. On the Gatwick flights however, it always comes with margarine.

What is it that makes Sussex butter non-suitable to vegetarians? From the outside the Gatwick butter looks very much like the Heathrow butter. I suspect it is not a secret upgrade to a vegan option, because the main still came with eggs and mozzarella (lovely salad that also came with asparagus and roasted peppers in case you were wondering...)
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Since moving to the North, I don't fly that much out of Gatters these days but when I did my recollection was that Gatters Euro catering always used "spread" while Heathrow used actual butter - even on the standard meals.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I can't believe it's not Gatwick?
HIDDY, LondonAndy, mjh0 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mjh0
Since moving to the North, I don't fly that much out of Gatters these days but when I did my recollection was that Gatters Euro catering always used "spread" while Heathrow used actual butter - even on the standard meals.
With the catering arrangements brought into CE last year, LGW moved to butter on standard meals. I think some special meals out of LHR (with the obvious one being Kosher) have spread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.