FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   17 June BA 2062 [MRU-LGW] Mauritius cancelled (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1914868-17-june-ba-2062-mru-lgw-mauritius-cancelled.html)

rogerj Jun 17, 2018 11:37 am

17 June BA 2062 [MRU-LGW] Mauritius cancelled

Waiting to get hotel for night after Ba2062 has been cancelled this evening. Anyone know what is going on?

corporate-wage-slave Jun 17, 2018 11:46 am

Please do ask BA why the flight was cancelled, it's important to note what you are told for EC261 purposes. My guess is that it is a shortage of aircraft but it would be good if you could specifically ask, so that others can be helped.

LGW isn't having a good day today, given the LAS flight has also been cancelled, and something like MRU is going to (e.g.) get crew out of place for 24 hours. The dispatch information hasn't been updated yet, but for the moment it says the following.
DOBA2062/17JUN
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA2062 0 SU 17JUN18
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

MRU NEXT INFO WILL BE AT 2110
ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 2110
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 0600 LGW
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA2062 0 SU 17JUN18
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
MRU 2110 SU JCDRIWETYBH/M 777 12:20
KMLVSNQOG/M
LGW 0630 MO 12:20
COMMENTS-
1.MRU LGW - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
2.MRU LGW - ARRIVES TERMINAL S
3.MRU LGW - 9/ NON-SMOKING
4.MRU LGW - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
5.MRU LGW - CO2/PAX* 617.89 KG ECO, 1,235.79 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
777 J 48 W 24 M 203

Takiteasy Jun 17, 2018 11:55 am

Not sure how it can be a shortage of aircraft if the plane has arrived in MRU?

Rubecula Jun 17, 2018 11:55 am

The outbound BA2063 arrived early so presume the aircraft went tech in Mauritius.

madfish Jun 17, 2018 12:02 pm

If the queue for hotels is huge you may want to consider booking your own and just claiming back. Others will say if this is a good idea or not. Given that the Hampton by Hilton has rooms available for £175 for tonight you should be able to find something reasonably close by.

The two closest Premier Inns are fully booked, but rooms for less than £75 can be had at those within a few miles.

Oxon Flyer Jun 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 29876024)
If the queue for hotels is huge you may want to consider booking your own and just claiming back. Others will say if this is a good idea or not. Given that the Hampton by Hilton has rooms available for £175 for tonight you should be able to find something reasonably close by.

The two closest Premier Inns are fully booked, but rooms for less than £75 can be had at those within a few miles.

The OP is at MRU. @:-)

Rubecula Jun 17, 2018 12:11 pm

It is the MRU to LGW that has been delayed overnight.

Edit: Oxon Flyer beat me to it

rogerj Jun 17, 2018 1:06 pm

We've been told it was a tech issue. So assume that a claim is valid? Very badly organised on the ground, we knew the flight was cancelled at 2030 but we have just got to the hotel (Shandrani) which is 3km away at 2240 to find they have no vouchers from BA to check us in.

Hoping the flight goes tomorrow! I have been reserved on an Air France flight to Paris then London tomorrow evening if they cant get this plane fixed by then.

what is the best way to find the revised flight timing? Will it be in the app?

corporate-wage-slave Jun 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks for finding out. A tech issue indeed normally allows for a successful Article 7 EC261 claim.

The App should keep you informed, however the cancelled flight may linger in the cache. So the best thing to do is to go to More Flight Details and then Manage My Booking at the end. This kind-of takes you on to the PC version of the data and it's more likely to be up to date. You may also be able to check-in online via those deep-down screens, then email the boarding pass to yourself and use the usual front screen of the App to get the App boarding pass.

I'm guessing they are waiting for a spare part to come in from somewhere. And unless BA run a rescue flight, it won't be coming from LGW since the next service isn't due to arrive until Tuesday lunchtime. In any event, tthis is always fraught with risk, all sorts of things can go wrong on the logistics side. So it's good to have the AF backup booking.

rogerj Jun 17, 2018 1:40 pm

MMB shows the AF backup flight and a seat on the Tues pm BA flight. Sadly the exit seat in Y that i had originally booked for tonight is no longer available on the Tues pm flight so it isn't going to be very comfortable.

I guess we wait and see!

madfish Jun 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 29876043)
The OP is at MRU. @:-)

Originally Posted by Rubecula (Post 29876049)
It is the MRU to LGW that has been delayed overnight.

Edit: Oxon Flyer beat me to it

Just testing to see if you guys were paying attention. :)

I clearly wasn’t!

Often1 Jun 17, 2018 2:52 pm

The advice from C-W-S is spot on in all delay situations. I am amazed at how many people are already at an airport and don't ask. Especially at a small outstation, everyone knows why and most of them are happy to talk about it.

It makes for a much more clearcut and speedily resolved claim under EC 261/2004 if you can start with the fact that, "as advised by staff, there were no 'extraordinary circumstances'."

As to the entire hotel experience, comparing to what might be possible at or near a major airport or a well-staffed station to a small outstation is just not possible. Even moreso because the first thing many people do is to book a place for themselves and then worry later about whether and how much of a claim they file (and many don't even bother with that).

Cap'n Benj Jun 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by rogerj (Post 29876200)
We've been told it was a tech issue. So assume that a claim is valid? Very badly organised on the ground, we knew the flight was cancelled at 2030 but we have just got to the hotel (Shandrani) which is 3km away at 2240 to find they have no vouchers from BA to check us in.

Hoping the flight goes tomorrow! I have been reserved on an Air France flight to Paris then London tomorrow evening if they cant get this plane fixed by then.

what is the best way to find the revised flight timing? Will it be in the app?

Lucky you! The Shandrani is excellent (assuming you’ve not otherwise been at the One and Only or similar)!

Hopefully you’ll eventually get a good nights rest, Blue Bay has some of the best snorkelling in Mauritius if you get a chance, don’t miss checking out the ‘Wild beach too’

Lewis King Jun 17, 2018 9:46 pm

BA2063 - Mauritius to LGW delayed 2 days

After an absolute shambles at check-in and a security queue like I’ve never seen - Sunday’s BA2063 has been pushed back to Tuesday night at 21:45. Clearly a part is coming on the other flight arriving that morning, and now two flights are going out within the hour to Gatwick.

We finally got to the holiday inn on the airport at midnight, but I really want to get home to be honest! Food and drinks seems to be covered, no need for paperwork I’ve been told.

I have parking at Gatwick I need to pay for, will BA compensate this?

Lewis King Jun 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Also, I have no clean clothes. Does anyone have any luck with getting laundry costs covered?