Wiki Posts
Search

Galleries Lounges Future

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mikeyfly

YES considering how dire a lot of the CE catering is now
Sure, but how is it sustainable for BA to offer the same lounge product to the pax paying $285 for J to AMS as they do for the pax paying $3,000 for J to JFK? For that matter, the JFK pax will expect better than what is for all intents and purposes a domestic lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by swingaling

Sure, but how is it sustainable for BA to offer the same lounge product to the pax paying $285 for J to AMS as they do for the pax paying $3,000 for J to JFK? For that matter, the JFK pax will expect better than what is for all intents and purposes a domestic lounge.
I suspect most will be paying in £. And your figures suggest plucking something out of think air, rather than based on anything real.

You ask how is it sustainable, do you have any evidence that suggests it isn’t or that passengers are deserting BA based on the lounges on offer?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ABJ92
So here I am in the newish Iberia lounge in T4S MAD. And I once again find myself questioning how everyone else is seemingly getting it so right, but BA are not catching on.

The lounge is sleek, airy, clean, busy but not overcrowded, and has been offering a rolling selection of hot and cold dishes for the last 2 hours, including a salad station throughout.

There is a stylish bar area, a restaurant and buffet area, it all reminds me of the AA new flagship lounge I visited in MIA. Another Oneworld airline setting a great standard on the ground.

So I pose the question. Why are BA not following suit? Should BA amalgamate Club and First lounge and just offer a decent, large, Galleries lounge at T5? Offering a better quality food offering throughout? Will they move away from different bowls of slop and realise that food is the thing of the moment, and people want fresh, healthy, new tastes, not just the same stuff again and again.

I see real real flaires of improvement; the white company tie up, some good marketing campaigns, new club service, a more personalised EC, but there is a way to go on the basics still.

Not really a moan I just find it frustrating and find others views on the future of lounges interesting!
As stated earlier the Velazquez lounge has always been superior to the Dali lounge because it caters more for premium customers.....not that there's anything wrong with the Dali lounge.

We usually connect at MAD after coming off a 12 hour flight at 6 in the morning so downing food and booze is the last thing on our minds....nor at any other time of the day either. A decent coffee does me. Not used them all in a while but the T5 lounge complex is still way ahead of IB at MAD surely?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by swingaling
...If they eliminated lounge access for these folks, they could use those resources to provide a better product for their long haul customers. After all, do you really need lounge access before a 2hr flight?

That wouldn't leave a lot of reason for me to give *any* preference to BA whatsoever. It's hardly ever their prices are lower than that of the competition and in my opinion their product is at best on par with any competition (be it SH or LH, low-cost or legacy full service).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.