Check in problem - BA115

Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Check in problem - BA115

Hi

Would anyone know why we can’t check in for tomorrow’s BA115 to JFK. Travelling in Y and all details were up to date in the BAEC. 2 Silver pax.

Website and app says...

Not checked in -

“Sorry, we can’t check you in for this flight. Please go to the airport check-in desk”

Is it worth a call or worrying about?!

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Normally when I have this issue on USA flights it means I’ve been selected for ‘additional screening’ at the gate (SSSS will show on your boarding card if that’s the case).
rockflyertalk and Markie like this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chris9642
Normally when I have this issue on USA flights it means I’ve been selected for ‘additional screening’ at the gate (SSSS will show on your boarding card if that’s the case).
Does this prevent you from getting a boarding pass online then? And not being able to check-in
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Does this prevent you from getting a boarding pass online then? And not being able to check-in
Yes, it does. Assuming that all your advance passenger information is up-to-date and you have a ticket number (use CheckMyTrip), secondary screening is the most likely explanation.

The flight is full, but they are still selling F seats (so lots of upgrades likely, denied boarding much less so):

F2 A2
J2 C0 D0 R0 I0
W0 E0 T0
Y3 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

Just get to the airport early (3h before if you can) and all should be fine.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
While there are multiple entirely benign explanations, not the least of which is secondary security screening required, some reasons are not benign.

For that reason, it make sense to call BA and ask. If it is secondary security, you will get some slightly silly answer because BA can't tell you that in advance. If it is something else benign, you will know what it is or fix it. But, if there is a problem with the ticket for any reason, best to get it fixed from the comfort of home. Not only no need to hang around airport counters, but also hard to predict whether you need an extra 1, 2, or more hours.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice so far. @Cymro I have just gone through CheckMyTrip app and there are no e-ticket numbers...although booking status: confirmed (in green).

So it may be worth a call as per @Often1
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Not being able to check-in DOES NOT automatically mean you have been selected for additional security screening. People need to stop immediatly jumping at that reason.

I have been unable to do OLCI several times and not once was it because of SSSS.

Most people who get SSSS are able to do OLCI but can't print/generate their Boarding Pass - which is not the issue here.

The most common reason is the passport / visa check followed by minor ticket issues. Other people have reported (and am not saying this to get the OPs hopes up) that it was because they had been given an op-up

There is a comprehensive thread about the reasons in the dashboard.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
I have had this twice:
1) 'Plane was smaller than originally intended and when I got to the airport it was "£400 for volunteers for waiting until next day"
2) Business Class was overbooked - ironically the first time I had paid my own cash for Business Class. I was offered a downgrade to WT, which I declined. I flew a day later, and was upgraded to First at the gate.

So expect some problem, and prepare your helpful bargaining replies, E.g. "We are happy to go via BOS/PHL etc if upgraded", "We are happy to fly AA if upgraded", "We will accept compensation of £xxx if delayed a day" etc.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Problem solved. So I had forgotten but we changed the flights from LGW to LHR sometime ago but the agent at the time hadn’t issued the ticket correctly in their system. Glad we called as we now have 125 ticket numbers and BP’s.

Thanks all.
Cymro, megaloman and Tobias-UK like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.