Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many flghts do you have booked?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by gcampbell
A couple of questions if I may.

1 - what job(s) necessitate so much travel?
2 - what job(s) necessitate so much travel that is planned so far in advance?

In my line of work (consulting), I rarely know where I need to be a few months into the future (and so can’t book). Or in the event that I do, I rarely can book far in advanced as it’s hard to pin down my clients to commit!
am also in consulting so it can be maybe anything between nothing or (as now when the next phase has been agreed) 12 new return bookings in MMB all booked in the last week. With these and a couple of conferences planned, I’m on 15 return trips currently in MMB taking me to end October.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:46 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I have 9, all personal travel, but I usually book close-ish to the travel dates, 5 are in the next two weeks and the furthest away is in mid-October.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I’ve currently got 8 reservations showing in MMB.
This is actually only 2 holidays worth of ex EU’s.

8 BA sectors
2 JL sectors
4 CX sectors
3 Comair
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: BA GGL
Eight bookings totaling 25 flights apparently, through to end of 2018.
​​​
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
We tend to have the school holiday trips booked up as and when a good price or Avios availability comes out as the cheaper fare buckets go really quickly. Mostly it’s a little under a year ahead, but it depends on sales etc. Bike races tend to get booked up for the year ahead in about November, as that’s when most of the dates come out. We also travel a bit as my wife coaches sport. Plus a few random trips mostly booked in the sales eg NCE for my wife’s birthday this summer - Ł150 each for flights and three nights in a decent hotel... sometimes I do wonder how they make any money out of it.

June - Prague, Geneva
July - Geneva, Nice
August - Krakow
Sept - Geneva
Oct - Barcelona, Marrakech
Dec - Stockholm, Helsinki, Vietnam
Feb - Rovaniemi
Apr - Tuscany
May - Budapest, Beijing
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
0 - book on the day.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:15 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
22 sectors BA CE/CW
6 sectors BA F
2 sectors AA F
5 sectors MH J
1 sector CX J
1 sector RJ J
3 sectors THAI J
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by CKBA
(i.e. where neither me or my work pays for it).
Paid for by Pablo?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
17 flights transatlantic over the next 17 weeks (I have to travel weekly for work as I'm currently on a project requiring that frequency). I've never gone above Silver before, but I should make the Gold level by the end of the year and am looking forward!
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
25 left this calendar year (unless I add in some AA sectors after the PHX Mini Do), 41 this membership year (to Mar 2019), as follows:

All the Y sectors are redemptions funnily enough - trying to burn through Avios before the next devaluation

Don't even ask how many flown so far this year - suffice to say next door's dog (with which I have previously had a long, friendly relationship) actually barked and growled at me the other day as I walked up to my front door Either he has forgotten who I am or I smelt of cat (either is possible given the time I spent sitting on airline seats rather than my own sofa)

Last edited by Fitch; Jun 17, 2018 at 5:25 am
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
7x BA F
1x JL F
1x BA CE
2x BA ET
3x QF J
1x JL J
1x Comair J
2x JL Y (domestic)
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There was a time when I would have been envious reading some of the itineraries posted on here but not any more. I much prefer to be at home therefore I only book flights when the need to get back to the UK is strong. I have return flights booked to MAD for later this year but pretty sure they're going to be cancelled or changed.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I try to book much more flexible tickets these days and only book non flex is I am very firm or don’t mind loosing money. I think I have around 40-50 flights booked but haven’t booked anything post Jan1 yet
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
From May to September I currently have 32 Mostly Helsinki to Edinburgh, I have a night in London planned and a family vacation to Orlando.

Will be booking my October and November flights when the BA sale is announced which will be another 8 flights.

And maybe fit in another night or weekend away before the end of the year.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
12 BA and 7 with other airlines, this takes me out to one month from now. Last year was a total of around 150, largely as my office is in one country and I live in another.
Colnic2011 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.