BA First Class Hong Kong

Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
There is also the CX "The Deck" which is close to gate 16 ...
And as the OP is flying on BA28, there is a very good chance that it will depart from gate 16. However, on a first visit there a couple of weeks back, The Deck was not particularly impressive. But I have to admit to being less impressed than many others here with any lounge in Hong Kong.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
First on A380

ill be flying on the BA32. What catering I provided for a flight departing at 2310? Do CC assume everyone wants to go straight to sleep? It may be our only time in First so want to maximise the experience. I do assume breakfast will be served prior to landing at LHR.

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by FEMW
ill be flying on the BA32. What catering I provided for a flight departing at 2310? Do CC assume everyone wants to go straight to sleep? It may be our only time in First so want to maximise the experience. I do assume breakfast will be served prior to landing at LHR.

Thanks
In First you should tell the crew when you want to eat. Otherwise they will assume you want to eat according to their schedule - to maximise their rest period.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Thanks
There is a full dinner service offered, menus will be distributed on the ground and orders taken shortly after takeoff. You can dine whenever you wish, just let the crew know when taking your order. A full hot breakfast is served about 90 minutes before arrival.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu
In First you should tell the crew when you want to eat. Otherwise they will assume you want to eat according to their schedule - to maximise their rest period.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

There is a full dinner service offered, menus will be distributed on the ground and orders taken shortly after takeoff. You can dine whenever you wish, just let the crew know when taking your order. A full hot breakfast is served about 90 minutes before arrival.
Thank you A P Yu and Tobias-UK! Much appreciated.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis Presidents Club

Thanks
Although they do serve breakfast on the plane prior to landing you might want to consider skipping that to get more sleep and then have, what I think is a better meal, breakfast in the Arrivals Lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Although they do serve breakfast on the plane prior to landing you might want to consider skipping that to get more sleep and then have, what I think is a better meal, breakfast in the Arrivals Lounge.
If my body clock is set to Hong Kong time (or even further east), then all I want to do is to go to sleep. But I'll often be awake by 2 or 3 am London time, so sometimes I have my dinner then (having pre-warned the crew that I might), and then breakfast in the Arrivals Lounge after arrival and a shower.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
My approach is to sleep for as long as possible, if Im awake Ill likely take breakfast, but I let the crew know not to wake me and I take breakfast in the CCR.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I try and stay awake as long as possible after takeoff. Lots of people go straight to sleep and then wake up with still 8 hours to run. I try and stay awake for at least 3 hours as I have a full day of work ahead of me when I land.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I almost always use the in town check in on the way back. I tend to stay in Kowloon as my office is there, and it works a dream.

Would echo the above statements though - unless you are REALLY bored of the city by then, the combination of in town check in, super smooth rapid transit to the airport, and nice late flight times means that dinner or drinks in HK seems like a much more covilised way to spend the time than getting to the airport lounge with hours to spare to me. I usually grab a couple of colleagues, have early dinner / drinks and then still have time to make my way to the lounge afterwards. Nothing is rushed, no airport traffic etc. It's a great way to end a trip.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The meals loaded are Dinner, and then breakfast.

If you want to reverse that you can, or you can ask to eat later if you want to dine in the lounge and go directly to sleep on board. It's a dine on demand service and a long flight, so plenty of time for both sleep and food. The only caveat is to make your wishes clear to the crew, for example that you would like a drink and bed after takeoff and eat later on when you wake up, and to specify what you want to eat so they can keep it aside for you. Otherwise you may get a default dine-after-departure service or be left with Hobson's Choice much later in the flight.

It's up to you, but be specific with the crew about eating later if that is your wish.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I flew back from HKG last night on the BA28. I had dinner in the Pier at about 9.30pm and then a glass of champagne in the Wing before boarding. I got onboard ready to sleep and managed to sleep until the start of breakfast service. I needed to get back to Cambridge promptly after landing so having breakfast onboard worked better today than going to the arrivals lounge.

Flight times back from HKG are very good for sleeping and the Cathay First Class lounges are excellent. Enjoy!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:53 am

Thanks for your replies.

Looks like we will dine on departure -staying up for approx 3 hours and then sleep as much as we can. I am not a good sleeper on aircraft due to being deaf so I do feel vibrations which can prevent me getting into a deep sleep.

Breakfast and shower in the Arrivals lounge is a possibility. We are transferring to the LHR-INV flight which was originally 1015. With the INV flight changes - its now been put back to 1630. We have 10 hours to eat/sleep/drink/ lounge hop.... Maximising sleep tine on the flight makes sense.

Whats better for breakfast? Arrivals lounge or CCR? Or much of a muchness?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:05 am

What’s better for breakfast? Arrivals lounge or CCR? Or much of a muchness?

Definitely the CCR ^

Perhaps book a cabana too given the long connection so you can take a nap for a couple of hours.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Definitely the CCR ^

Perhaps book a cabana too given the long connection so you can take a nap for a couple of hours.
Agreed, not least because you can have a glass of LPGS with your breakfast in the CCR, the arrivals lounge however is dry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.